1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke size????????????????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steven, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven

Steven TS Member

If I have a .750 barrel with a .035 choke in it, and a .740 barrel with a .035 choke in it. Are they both full chokes? or would the .750 x .035 be more of a IM or Mod. choke?

2. Steven

Steven TS Member

If I have a .750 barrel with a .035 choke in it, and a .740 barrel with a .035 choke in it. Are they both full chokes? or would the .750 x .035 be more of a IM or Mod. choke?

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'm guessing here, Steven, but I'd not expect a difference (and it might be either way) that could be found without shooting _a lot_ of patterns, if then. And even if you finally found a difference, it might or not be functionally related to the ratio of choke-to-bore at all, but just be a characteristic of the particular two tubes you are testing.

Neil

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

The only real way to tell is to pattern it and count the pellets in the 30" circle at 40 yards, divide by the number in the load and compare to charts. I have a barrel marked "modified trap" which patterns improved modified. I also have another trap barrel marked "modified" which is loose modified. Be sure to use the load you will be shooting at targets. Changing shells can change choke a full degree. I use promo loads in my mod/full double for doves and get i.c. and mod patterns.

Points are fine, shootin tells the tale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.