1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke numbers on barrel for Ithaca sbt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by squirrelkiller, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I have searched the net and am unable to locate any info. for the choke numbers on Ithaca SBT guns. One hit on the net stated that a 4 means full choke. It is a 32" barrel. I am aware of the numbers on the water table on the receiver, but have no knowledge of the barrel markings regarding choke. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I can find no mention of chokes either in Conley's or Snyder's books. I have looked my 4e over with a fine tooth comb and can find nothing on it to indicate how it is choked either. My 5e is away getting a new stock built I did not have the heart to modify the original. Bill

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ithaca did NOT mark the chokes on their SBT's, only on their double guns! They were all full chokes, but you could order something with less constriction. I have owned at least 15 Knicks from Victory Grade to $5000 Grade and, unless, they were altered after leaving the factory they all had at least .035 to .040 constriction.

5. ink ball

ink ball Member

My Ithaca 4E SBT (that I kick myself for getting rid of) had 0.039 choke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.