1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke information

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dylrae, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylrae

Dylrae TS Member

With all the knowledge on this list can someone please tell me what choke is for what purpose? I have a Citori and don't have a clue on what choke sizes mean. Is there something that explains to a novice so I can understand the differences and the uses of them?

TIA
    Pat

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

dylrae The tighter the hole at the end of your barrel the tighter the shot pattern is. "full" is usually the tightest, and puts the most pellets in a 30" circle at 40 yards. "Cylinder", abbreviated "CYL" is suppose to be the same diameter as the barrel bore, and is the most open pattern. In graduation of most open to the tightest..Cylinder .000, Skeet.002-.005, Improved cylinder.010, light mod.015, modified.020, improved modified.025, light full.030 and full.035. Some manuf. offer an extra full .045 which is very tight. Each graduation in choke tightens the end of the barell 5 thousandths of constriction (.005) So...if your bore is .735, a "full" choke measures .700 at the inside diameter of the end of your barrel. Whew!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.