1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke Identification Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Anthony12ga, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

I came upon a used Beretta 390 that is fitted with Seminole chokes. I don't have a bore mic but I believe that the barrel was backbored. It is ported only on the right hand side and top of the barrel. The choke it came with is a Skeet with an internal dia of .730. The choke resembles a Browning Invector Plus.

The picture shows, from left;

Browning Invector Plus skeet

Seminole Skeet(that came with the gun)

Briley / Beretta X2 Mobile Choke

Beretta Flush Mobile Choke

Does anybody have these chokes installed in their gun? Are they Seminoles Competition Chokes?

Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks Anthony

[​IMG]

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Anthony, I guess I'm a bit confused. the 2nd choke is installed? not the 3rd and fourth???

3. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Looks like their SG2 choke system. Great barrels, as long as the rib lasts.... Mine have patterned well. Chokes have to come from them. Good luck

4. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

BigM,

Maybe I can clear it up a little.

It's a 30" step rib 390 barrel that apparently Seminole backbored and recut the chokes to install their chokes. The second from the left is the choke tube that came with the gun. Factory Beretta mobile choke tubes no longer fit. I contacted Seminole with the serial number of the gun to see if I could just order some more chokes. They said they lost some of their records and couldn't provide me with any info on what work was done. I would have to send them the barrel or choke to order additional chokes.

So I figured I'd try and gather a little information from somebody that may have had this work done to their gun.

Thanks

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

ahhh... I suspect your going to have to part with the choke to get a good replacement. You can probably send it to Seminole/Briley/carleton/Trulock and they can match it up for you. I don't suspect any of them will "recommend" anything without seeing the choke tube...

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.