1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

choke for sporting with 870??????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Murphy, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

Since I duck hunt with a synthetic 870, I was thinking about using the 870 rather than my Beretta 686 sporting, just want to get used to pumping for duck season. Don't really worry about how many I break, just think I need to get used to using the pump. Question is, what choke would you suggest I use. Thanks

2. Harold

Harold TS Member

Why limit it to just one choke if you have choke tubes? I shoot sporting with an 870 with IC choke because it is fixed choke. It works well for most targets but there are always a couple of stations where I wish I had a full.

3. jr7100

jr7100 TS Member

I have an 870 TB Trap and use a skeet barrel for duck hunting and sporting clays. Works for most shots. That steel shot patterns tight, and most clays shots are close enough for the skeet choke and #9 shot. Good Luck. Jim

4. Dave McC

Dave McC TS Member

Light Mod, about 14 POC, works for me....

5. Murphy

Murphy Member

Did fine on 4 stations w I/C choke , missed all 10 on one station, probably needed mod or full.

6. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I guess you missed what Harold eluded to. How much trouble would it have been to bring a Mod and/or Full choke with the choke wrench along.

Skip may also been right. Unless you obviously hit the target but no chips because the pattern was to sparse.

Jason

7. Murphy

Murphy Member

six shooters and all but the one how had a change of tubes missed8 to 10. Even the guy who changed tubes miss the first 5 before changing. I did have tube in my trunk, not much help on course. did find 3 ticks after shooting.

8. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Go all the way with the Modifued Choke. Notin wrong wit dat. Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is the ic chock for the 870 good for trap

what choke 870 sporting clays