1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke dimensions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gordy h, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

Will some one explain the choke sizes to me . I thought .694 was full .710 mod .720 imp etc. Now I hear about srew in chokes like .30, #10, and such. Help me out. Butch H

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

The amount of "choke" is the difference between the bore diameter and the choke diameter at its smallest point. Unless you know the bore diameter in advance, knowing the diameter of the choke doesn't tell you anything.

For example, modern Browning shotguns have about .740" diameter bores. A choke of .720" in the end of such a barrel would give about a Modified pattern.

A Beretta Mobil choke gun such as the 390 and some of the earlier 391's has a bore diameter of about .722". A choke of .720" diameter would be about a loose Skeet choke, while this same choke diameter in a modern Browning would be a Modified choke.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Click on the link above ... basic information on chokes from the Trulock web site. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.