1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke Constriction how important is it to you?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

How close do shooters pay attention to this? Do you know what the constriction of the choke you are using is or do you just go with Full, Improved Mod and so on? Also if you do go by the constriction what is yours for the 16-23 and the fence?

Corey

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Yes it is and .035 for 16yd and beyond...........

GS

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Midelake, I agree 100%.

Trap-4

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Corey.... Choke constriction is not important to me anymore because I KNOW what my chokes are all the time. For singles and 27yd handicap I shoot .035". For doubles, it's .020" for the bottom barrel and .032" for the top..... Just my preferance.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

What I've learned is the better you get the tighter the choke---sort of like an oxymoron-----the days of spray & pray are over- no more LM's for me it is either LF or F---also, besides smoke you can tell if you're not centering the targets-----Phil

6. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

gasman03

sngls 20 thou

hdcp (27 yrd) 35 thou

Dbls 15 thou bottom/ 25 thou top

Cheers

Gavin

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

We just had a discussion today about the correct constriction. Although it may vary from person to person. The consensus was .32 to .34 for is more than tight enough for the average 27 yard shooter. Doubles can be more open, first barrel .20 second .28 to .30. It may vary from person to person and gun to gun. Check your patern and adjust accordingly. - Jim

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

I am using a .030" constriction now. I use the same choke for 16 and 23 yards.

I think that you need to decide what works for you in your gun with your load.

The right choke is the one that breaks the most targets for you.

Don

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Big Pappa, because a theory exists that to open of choke for singles will allow one to get a shade sloppy thus adversly effecting handicap performance.

For the question, I trust nothing and yes I'll run a bore reader but then pattern the gun and finally make the choke prove itself on the line.

10. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Ok so when you go to the pattern board sy at 30 and 40 yards what are you looking for? The most pellets in a 30" circle with no holes in the pattern? or what?

Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.