1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke constriction and F.P.S. for 25-27 yards

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim e, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

I want opinions on what is the best choke constriction and F.P.S. on an 1 1/8 oz load for 25-27 yards. At what point do they deform the shot? Or do they? Thanks, J.E.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Full choke & 1200-1250 fps is about all you'll need plus the skill set to break them all.

Eric

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I love .26 with 1 1/16 of hard 8's from the 27

4. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

I don't think the question concerned shot size or amount. RTFQ

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Well he did give the constriction he likes and then embellished, give him a break. I'm not a 27 yd shooter but I like a full choke .732 bore with .035 constriction, when I am on it grinds them from the 16 on back to the 27. But then so does a .025 Imp Mod. with the same .732 bore. I also have a fixed choke .740 bore with a fixed .036 it does the same. I believe in the old sayings "Choke for smoke"and "Speed kills" 1200 + fps at all yardages. Just the humble opinion of a mid yardage shooter. J.W.

6. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

Thanks For Your Input. I Guess What I Realy Want To Kmow How Much Is Too Much?

Blowing Your Pattern? etc.

jim Ehle

rRealyRRr rr
    rr

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Check out the link above for an honest answer. I use .036 from the 27; I have a factory fixed .042 barrel and it certainly does not blow a pattern. They make Extra Full turkey chokes in excess of .050 but I don't know how they pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.