1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke brands

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Do you really notice much difference between different brands of chokes? I am look to get a new IM (.030).

Dave

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Dave, if you shoot with a Browning you will find that Browning factory choke tubes are more open than others just because Browning rates their chokes by the pattern percentage in a 30"circle instead of by constriction. If you accept this there is nothing wrong with Browning factory choke tubes. .030 constriction could be considered by some people as Light Full. Personally I use .028 for 16 yards and .035 constriction for Handicap.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

not really..especially since most gun makers are getting aftermarket choke companies to supply their factory chokes

5. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

CalvinMD is right
    Browning invector-plus extended chokes are made by Briley.
    Sez so on the box.

6. willing

willing Member

If the gun has flush chokes they are probably factry browning. All Browning extended chokes are made by Briley.

Bill

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, some swear by Muller, some Briley and some Trulock. I'm having a custom choke made by Briley as I type this, but if Seminole were still back in business my choke would be made there. I seem to like Seminole for some reason or the other. But I really don't see 10 cents worth of difference in any of them, but that's me....

8. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

I have found that Carlson extended tubes give me the best patterns in my Citori Plus and BT-99. This is compared to the factory tubes and Browning Diamond Grade tubes. Have tried all 3 and Carlson wins every time. I have them in all of my guns now.
    Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.