1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHip off the old stock............

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tmitom, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmitom

tmitom Member

While looking over this 680 series stock I recently purchased, I noticed a couple small cracks. Like a dummy, a pushed on this section and it snapped off.

What would be the easiest/fastest/best way to repair this? I was thinking Superglue, but I am not sure if this an area that may need a little more support, maybe some type of epoxy or wood glue? This will not be my primary stock, but I want to use it until I am ready to get a PFS as a replacement.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

[​IMG]

2. andybull

andybull Active Member

Before you do anything make sure you remove any oil that has soaked into the wood, then I would probaly use ACRAGLAS.

Andy.

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I agree, AcraGlas. Jrm

4. abcd

abcd Member

Brownells sell glue called HOT STUFF instant glue, best i found to repair cracked stock, BE CAREFULL , if you get your finger stuck together with this stuff , you got trouble , Brownells sell a super solvent to get you fingers aparts Good Luck

5. tmitom

tmitom Member

Thanks to everyone so far, looks like Brownells has a couple solutions. I will definitely check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.