1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese workers revolt over 2-minute toilet breaks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by midalake, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

THIS needs to happen more and maybe the American worker will make a come back.

BEIJING (AP) — Hundreds of Chinese factory workers angry about strictly timed bathroom breaks and fines for starting work late held their Japanese and Chinese managers hostage for a day and a half before police broke up the strike.

About 1,000 workers at Shanghai Shinmei Electric Company held the 10 Japanese nationals and eight Chinese managers inside the factory in Shanghai starting Friday morning until 11.50 p.m. Saturday, said a statement from the parent company, Shinmei Electric Co., released Monday. It said the managers were released uninjured after 300 police officers were called to the factory.

A security guard at the Shanghai plant said Tuesday that workers had gone on strike to protest the company's issuing of new work rules, including time limits on bathroom breaks and fines for being late.

"The workers demanded the scrapping of the ridiculously strict requirements stipulating that workers only have two minutes to go to the toilet and workers will be fined 50 yuan ($8) if they are late once and fired if they are late twice," said the security guard, surnamed Feng. "The managers were later freed when police intervened and when they agreed to reconsider the rules."

The plant makes electromagnetic coils and other electronic products. It was closed Tuesday, said a man who answered at the plant but refused to identify himself. He said no workers were on strike and staff would return to work on Wednesday.

Strikes have become commonplace in China, as factories operating in highly competitive markets try to get more productivity from their labor force and workers connected by mobile phones and the Internet become more aware of their rights.

GS

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Here, here...get the union thugs organizing over THERE, instead of here.

(think they'll figure it out?)

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Nice cast

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Eventually, when China's industrial revolution goes through its phases like it did in America, many of the same things will occur there that did in America, such as unions, worker safety, minimum wage, pollution control, etc. China will no longer be a cheap source of labor or manufacturing. Probably will take 30 to 50 years though.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Whirlpool is going to bring back manufacturing to the US. no thnkas to the current administration. It is due to higher wages for workers overseas and Americans willing to work for less and robotics.

6. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

If it takes you more than 2 minutes, you didn't need to go very bad.

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Could be, no time to wash hands after use of bathroom. Probably inadequate supply of paper, as well. Not a square to spare.

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"If it takes you more than 2 minutes, you didn't need to go very bad."- RWT

HA? What grown man does his business and washes up and is back in 2 min? Even for a leak I'm taking more than 2 min. #2 and you better make that more like 12 min.

Oh, and then there's the other part of the equation. If I ever caught another employee timing how long I was in the shitter, they better figure on losing some precious company time themselves, because It'll take more than 2 min. to have their time keeping device removed from their sphincter !!!!

And I don't care if it's a clock ! lol

Seriously ? Timed bathroom break ?

9. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Blizzard,

Depends how far the bathroom is away from the work station. If it a 5 gallon bucket right behind you what the hell???:)

As far as timing you they don't have to, many of your fellow employees will tell them how long you were there.

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Blizzard You either work for the goverment or are a union member. I can see with that attitude whoever you work for owes you a living. That is exactly what's wrong with this country. :)

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

LOL Bill. I work for neither, and no one owes me a living. Just an avg. white boy who doesn't want to be timed in the shitter.

12. midalake

It is amazing to me how two-faced people are. So my dads tells me a story while working at Ladish corp. [union shop]. It goes like this. [from the 1970's]

During his shift he had to go to the bathroom. Goes into the bathroom and when he comes out there is a "supervisor" there tapping his foot on the floor. The supervisor said what could take 10 minutes? My dad replied well I had to go to the bathroom. Supervisor...10 minutes I don't take 10 minutes. My dad.. well when I'm done I wash my hands so I am not like you. The supervisor just glared at him as he walked away.

My dad hated it when he saw guys leave the Sheeter and not wash their hands his mental notes worked well for him that day.

Is there timers on the Sheeters in Negaunee, MI [for the employees?]

BTW- I was in the sheeter at Walmart on Monday and out of 5 people in the sheeter 2 washed their hands. Months back I was at the hospital for blood work I had to have one of those fatherly 10 minute sessions. Three guy's came in while I was there NOT ONE washed their hands...REALLY a HOSPITAL!!!!
    Come on guy's stop being pigs............

GS

13. JT 27

JT 27 Member

A very old joke, As I was leaving the restroom, a gentleman remarked, "I was educated at Harvard, they taught me to wash my hands after I used the restroom" my reply, " I graduated from Notre Dame, they taught me not to pee on my hands"

14. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Mudpuddle If you worked here it would be your business. And for the record 10 min a day 5 days a week 52 week out of the year is over 43 hours. So along with paid holidays, paid vacations, sick days, a employer can also pay you for another week to take a shit. :)

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Link to above story released today. More decline in union membership.

No intent to bash, just posting a current story.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Local Longshoremen kidnapped two security guards at a grain elevator near Longview, Washington and held them hostage because the grain elevator contracted with another union.

17. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Wat 2 minut no good? Make potty now get back to work! You shake no more than twice! No wash hands, this is China not USA!

And people think they have it bad in this Country?

18. midalake

Rick...good time's right? Best economy...right? No unemployment right? This from the end of the article.

"Among full-time wage and salary workers, union members in 2012 had median weekly earnings of $943, while those who were not union members earned $742."

What did I read the other day the LOWEST amount of people in a union since 1933.

I just do not understand why this is not the BEST of times.

Everyone please let me know when we have completed our race to the bottom!!!

GS

19. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Like I said, no comment, just posted FYI. The story hit minutes before I posted it.

20. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I don't see how this became a union/non-union thread. Nevertheless, I am quite sure that the posters being the most vehement about the 2 minute rule being okay couldn't hold to it if they tried.

A bunch of fat, cranky, constipated old trapshooters probably couldn't find their belt under their bellies in 2 minutes, much less find it, undo it and the buttons or zippers, drop trou, do the act, perform the necessary cleansing of the rectal orifice area, pull up and secure their clothing under their bellies, wash up, and get back to their station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.