1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese trap ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hubcap, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Anyone ever heard of shooting a round of trap where you exchange guns after each station so you only get to shoot your own gun for 5 shots and whoever breaks the most out of 25 wins?

Curious concept.

hubcap

2. mredburn

mredburn TS Member

We used to play an elimination game where we would line up on the sidewalk behind the 27 yard line. Every one on the line would take their turn at a target and if they missed the next shooters in rotation would try and break the target to eliminate you. When every one had shot once we would pass the gun to the right one person and do it again. If you were eliminated you took which ever gun you were shooting out with you. We would have everything from field single shots to releases, made for some interesting shooting. Mike

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Sounds like fun to me...

4. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

I smell trouble with people passing releases to other people like there is no tommorow. You've never gotten any first timers shoot the trap or someone else?

with respect, Cole

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Chinese trap as I know is shooting trap from skeet positions and you do not move until you break a bird so if you can not hit crossers you can sit on post #1 for the whole round.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Don't think I would want to be on post 1 high house when the others are shooting from post 7 low house and vicea versa.

Eric

7. porky

porky TS Member

The Chinese trap that I learned was first, you needed a trap field between high and low skeet houses. The idea was to throw trap birds from the trap house while shooting from the skeet stations.( Shooters were allowed 25 shells)The idea was to shoot two birds in a row thrown from the trap machine while it occilated. (Some people never got off of station one, underneath of the high house window.) After shooting two birds in a row, the shooter moved to station two of the skeet field and wait for the other shooters to all finish station one. It may start slow, but it gets quicker as you move station to station on the skeet field. The winner is the last shooter standing. If there is a tie, you decide how to break the tie.Get more shells and shoot more or flip a coin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

me a video on chinese trap shoot