1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese to cut Lead production!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

The price will rise and fall,,contract and expand just like a spring,,thats normal,,,,,,,But the price will "trend" upward for years to come,,,until the "new plateau" of pricing is reached,,,or the "global run" on natural resources ends when China takes over as the manufacturing/economic giant OF THE WORLD,,,,,In other words,,,over the next 20 years!!!!!! It is in that time frame when america will decide what it shall be------A Democratic Republic,,,,or the North American Union!!!!! And seeing as how our manufacturing and high-tech industry has already left,,,,,The choice has already been made for you!!!!!! And thats the story on lead,,,as related to economic matters..........

AKA Grammie.....

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What was the problem? Was it hurting their toy business?

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that all this doom and gloom is warranted. I recently received some correspondence from several investment groups (who obviously and erroneously think I have some money) that strongly advise against further investment in the lead market because they feel the price has topped out and has nowhere to go but down. They cited the opening of a new smelting facility in the U.S. and the reopening of another providing more supply at a time when demand has begun to fall.

That's not to say that the days of $15-a-bag shot are upon us again, but I do have some readers who are reporting actual declines in shot prices here and there. Time will, of course, tell.

Ed

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

According to several lead bullet makers around here, the problem was never the supply of lead, it was smelter capacity. Evidently, some in this country shut down because they could not make money with the low lead prices then extant. Once shuttered, it takes time and money to reopen, and they were unwilling to do that until they were assured of a continuing profit.

I'm also told that supply has been increasing (and so has the price). One cast bullet maker told me he was having lead shot melted down to supply ingots for bullet making, but no longer has to do that. He can can now get as much of the correct alloy in ingot form as he is willing to pay for.

5. grammie

grammie TS Member

The price will rise and fall,,contract and expand just like a spring,,thats normal,,,,,,,But the price will "trend" upward for years to come,,,until the "new plateau" of pricing is reached,,,or the "global run" on natural resources ends when China takes over as the manufacturing/economic giant OF THE WORLD,,,,,In other words,,,over the next 20 years!!!!!! It is in that time frame when america will decide what it shall be------A Democratic Republic,,,,or the North American Union!!!!! And seeing as how our manufacturing and high-tech industry has already left,,,,,The choice has already been made for you!!!!!! And thats the story on lead,,,as related to economic matters..........

AKA Grammie.....

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What was the problem? Was it hurting their toy business?

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that all this doom and gloom is warranted. I recently received some correspondence from several investment groups (who obviously and erroneously think I have some money) that strongly advise against further investment in the lead market because they feel the price has topped out and has nowhere to go but down. They cited the opening of a new smelting facility in the U.S. and the reopening of another providing more supply at a time when demand has begun to fall.

That's not to say that the days of $15-a-bag shot are upon us again, but I do have some readers who are reporting actual declines in shot prices here and there. Time will, of course, tell.

Ed

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

According to several lead bullet makers around here, the problem was never the supply of lead, it was smelter capacity. Evidently, some in this country shut down because they could not make money with the low lead prices then extant. Once shuttered, it takes time and money to reopen, and they were unwilling to do that until they were assured of a continuing profit.

I'm also told that supply has been increasing (and so has the price). One cast bullet maker told me he was having lead shot melted down to supply ingots for bullet making, but no longer has to do that. He can can now get as much of the correct alloy in ingot form as he is willing to pay for.

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

they cut lead production so we can't shoot at them

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wait until the toy boycott backlash hits them squarely after this Christmas season.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Dam Chinese! I knew we should have done more after they attacked Pearl Harbor!

12. JWS

JWS Member

HIPSHOT3:
    It was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor. Don't you know anything about history? It happened on December 7th, 1941 for your information.

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Shotmaker.........It was? You wouldn't kid me would you? Everybody knows it was the Chinese! Read your history.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

15. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Come on you guys. Didn't you know Pearl Harbor was an inside job? We bombed ourselves so we could get the support to get into the war!!!

Steve

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I just watched Animal House the other night, and I would swear that John Belushi said, in his ralley speech, it was the Germans that bomb Pearl Harbor.

I guess I should check out some other historical movies.

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Come on now ... it was Al Queda that bombed Pearl Harbor from there secluded training bases within the borders of Iraq under the control of Osama while he was making weapons of mass destruction with Fidel Castro as they were lining us up for a onslaught of an attack of illegal aliens from all the foreign country's so they could come here to shop at Wally World!

Geez ... dont any of you watch The Cartoon Network on the tv to learn your history?

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My Dad was really mad about pearl harbor. The hard facts were we needed a war to get out of the effects of the depression. Blockading Japan's oil routes enraged them and the drums rattled more and more.

He said Roosevelt and others in high circles knew about it but allowed it to happen so the people's outrage would create support for the war.

Seems like History really does repeat itsef.

HM

19. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I agree with Grammie, thanks to us the Chinesse are now stronger than ever all at the cost of US jobs and now they are getting ready to kick our butt, granting most favorable nation status was a stupid move.

Berettaman7

20. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

According to a recent Wall Street Journal, or maybe Bloomberg, Chinese lead mines, and/or processing plants, had preferential tax treatment from their government. That perferential rate was removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.