1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

China's transformation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I haven’t been watching too much of the Olympics, but they mentioned ping pong, and that got me to thinking. Ping Pong? Remember Dick Nixon’s first trip to China back in the 70s. If I remember right he took a couple of American ping pong players to China with him, to help “break the ice”. These American ping pong players were wearing colorful clothing and they stuck out when they showed them out in public with the Chinese. Remember all the Chinese wore Mao uniforms at the time, all the same drape dark color. Everybody was the same, and did what the state wanted. Only 30 some years ago.

Now look at China on TV, today Colorful clothes, bright lights, skyscrapers, traffic, etc.. They have made one hell of a transformation.

We? We seem to be going in the opposite direction. Can’t smoke a cigar in your own business. Can’t fry food in oil with transfat. Now we have government workers looking over every aspect of our life’s.

Wonder how long it will be, before we will be wearing Obama or Pelosi uniforms?

Dick Nixon, now more than ever!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.