1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

China

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jsteenson, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Are you not a glad gald we bought our trap guns befor the manufacturers discover how cheaper it is to make that Perazzi,Lutjic,Kolar etc. in china.I hope they never do it.Jack

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

the 682 beretta has already been copied by the chinese, albeit w/ double triggers (guess they couldn't get the single trigger thing down).

I'm really amazed with the nationalism china has, they can't manufacture a gun for their own olympic shooters to use as the russians did. Guess that just reinforces the statement made by one of my machining professors, the chinese are good duplicators, not good innovators.

3. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Early Honda motorcycles were closer to mopeds than big British twins, so I doubt that there was much opportunity for parts duplication.

However I believe that early Toyota Land Cruisers and early Datsun Land Whatever-The-Hell-They-Called-Them used virtually exact copies of Chevy six cylinder engines.

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I stocked a shipment of Sharpe spray guns today (thursday). The Finex model which appeared a short time ago sadly to say is now made in China.

I could tell instantly by the packaging. Nothing reveals itself like Chinese cardboard.

Regards...Gerald

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

You guys just keep buying that stuff no matter how good or bad the product is and in ten years we will all be going across the border to look for work in Mexcio on their shipping docks to unload all the big bargins you used to get. Bill

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I know of no Honda parts to interchange with Triumph and BSA parts.

There was a Kawasaki bike that copied an obsolete BSA twin (non-unit) but I don't know how much further it went than just look-alike.

HM

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

China has just touched the tip of the iceberg in manufacturing. With 1/3 of the worlds population and less than 10% of them working in manufacturing, no EPA, and govenment funded. We, nor the rest of the world except India are any competition to the Chinese giant. Presently, as of today on Fox, the chinese are buying 14,000 new cars per day, every day. So,--- you want to know why the price of gas is going up, look to China.

8. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

" you want to know why the price of gas is going up, look to China. "

Very true and closer to home, they are responsible for the high lead prices too.

They are making a lot of hybred cars with lead/acid batteries in them.

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Seems all is not well in China.

Is the party over in China? Massive unemployment looms

China watchers are predicting a drop in the GNP growth rate this year and for the foreseeable future. Most are attributing the expected fall off this year — from last year’s official 11.4 percent, the fifth year in a row of double digit expansion — to the expected downturn in the U.S. and the world economy in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.