1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

China Trade Myths?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chichay, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Interesting reading from Townhall.com.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

No mention of the imbalance of trade tariffs. No mention of who's Gross National Product has the most benifit. Seems to me that article is not only blowing smoke but trying to shove the whole fireplace up our rear.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Not to mention they are supplying Iran with advanced weaponry. China also instructed their Navy to prepare for war.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Last year I read in an Engineering Trade magazine that many European manufacturers were canceling contracts with China. The ongoing quality problems and long lead times were just not worth the lower price. A list of several prominent companies accompanied the article.

8 years ago, I was working in a quality capacity at a large engine manufacturer, they were importing V8 cylinder heads from China. The reject rate was over 33% due to "internal leakers". The entire supply chain was full of this problem and it took over 1 year to clear up. Cause: pouring iron at too low a temperature. These heads were so cheap, they were scrapped rather than returned to the supplier due to freight costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.