1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHINA TO MAKE SHOTGUNS????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    when i was a kid in the 50's anything that said "made in japan" was considered junk. now look what they have done to the auto industry. i have heard the reason the price of shot is so high is do to China buying all the lead. dont know if that is true or not. with the price of guns going up, example, Gander mountain has an new 870 trap priced at $999.00 at their local store in Brookfield, Wisconsin. what do you think of the idea that China make us shooters some trap guns, lets say break open single barrels around $200.00 on down, with upgraded wood? my first 870 tb cost me $160.00, had fantastic wood on it,and a monte carlo stock was $5.00 extra. in 1972, dick bennett owner of Boxhorn's at that time was selling perazzi comp 1's for $650.00 + tax. best deal on a perazzi i ever heard was a guy out at the waukesha gun club purchased a new perazzi single barrel in the late 70's or early 80's for $177.00. two brothers were buying up all the silver, he had to pay with silver coins, paid $177.00. one last thing, have you ever sold a gun, that later on you wished you would have never sold it? mine was a new in the box remington 870 trap "all american grade", what was yours? also before i forget, was a browning broadway trap over and under a good shooting gun for trap, also how popular were they when they first came out? did shooters like the rib being so wide?
    steve balistreri

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

You can buy all the Chinese guns you want, not me.

3. KRE

KRE TS Member

"also before i forget, was a browning broadway trap over and under a good shooting gun for trap,"

It's still is a good trap gun, but like all trap guns they all seem to miss a bird or 2 for no reason.
    Mine has a few 100's and even a 300 under it's belt, but then again back when I was really into trap I ran a 300 with a H&R topper in 12 gauge. I paid for that though as my shoulder was sore for 2 weeks.

China made shotguns, I'd have to pass but, a true AK47, SVD or RPK,....

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

We buy the stuff we like period. We had 3 enemies in WWII. germans japan Italy. just look at all the guns we buy from them. From what I have heard is Gander moutain is high priced on everything? Here we have a dicks and walmart side by side. dicks is always 15 to 20 higher on same products, except ammo when on sale. ex a jitterbug lure is 4.79 at wal, 6.00 at dicks. Daisy bb wal 69.00 dicks 110.00 ? Steve my question is How much where you making when you bought your first 870 trap? Yes things are going up fast, What I see as the problem is pay is not raiseing to meet that. except for union workers or contracted workers with planned raises in their contract. People are not making more money every year to do their jobs. I have not had a raise in 5 years why becouse their are tons of people who would take my place for less money. Could you imagine how much a auto asembly worker would be making if not for the union? I would say your average assembly line worker would top out around 16.00hr. The only good thing I have going with my job. 40hr week that I can live on weekends of $ for $ match on retirment plan up to the max limit. Guns I have sold ....S&W performance center 1911 .45. sold to buy trap gun im shooting now. Sweet gun. Not a bad trade off , I really like shooting trap.

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Mark my words.....You ain't seen nothing yet!

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

You all go ahead and buy all the China guns you want. I like my guns to shot straight not sideways or slanted.

7. Montagnana2

Montagnana2 TS Member

Hello all,

I'm a violinmaker and I imagine in the future we may experience the same thing with guns as the violin world has seen. Ten years ago China was producing violins of extremely poor quality and the $500.00 "Lark" violins one found in music stores were hideous in sound, construction, etc. However, times have changed indeed. China now makes some of the very best instruments in the beginning and intermediate ranges and they have a couple of builders who are making "best" quality violins, to use a gun term. Despite the recent problems with the mass produced toys, there is certainly no lack of skill or industriousness on the part of the Chinese, and I would expect we will see guns of all qualities in the future. Chinese shooters are making a mark in international competition, so I think it's only a matter of time.

Larry

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

There once was a Ljutic copy made in Spain. Looked just like a Mono but poor grade materials. I think the parts were interchangable. Looked like the real thing but damn poor quality.

Big Jack

9. Big Jack

There once was a Ljutic copy made in Spain. Looked just like a Mono but poor grade materials. I think the parts were interchangable. Looked like the real thing but damn poor quality.

Big Jack

10. Big Jack

Big Jack

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Nope....Big Jack has a terrible flinch!

12. Loyac

Loyac Member

Turkish, Russian and now Chinese shotguns... I'll bet they'll be the cream of the crap. John

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

mabe they will build a krieghoff that won't blow up. Chinaoff shotguns. lol

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

The important thing to remember is not to use condoms made in China. They just don't got the process down right yet. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many of them. Same thing for "Made in Tiawan". If you can't find American Made......abstain!

15. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Was that European Ljutic knock-off called the "Lujasko" or something like that? One of my buddies told me about them, but it was a little before my time.

Mark my words, if Norinco came out with a bargain-priced combo set, trapshooters would be knocking each other down to get one.

16. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

China produces nothing but cheap crap and soldiers.

Berettaman7

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Berettaman7 - Above Larry told us that some pretty good violins are made in China. That takes a lot of skill and an excellent musical ear. I am fascinated how violins are tuned with small scrapers. My auto batteries are made in China and they seem to start my cars every time I turn the key. The possibility of a war with China has become rather slight. A country typically does not go to war with its best customer.

Pat Ireland

18. Montagnana2

Montagnana2 TS Member

Pat,

Violin plates (the top and back) are often tuned to respond to exact pitches, sometimes more than one pitch in the plate, the tuning of the top being different from the back. After the major carving is done and you are near the proper thicknesses for strength, makers remove smaller amounts of wood with curved scrapers, testing the pitch of the plate as they go. The more wood you remove the lower the pitch becomes. It goes down more quickly than you might expect, which is why you carefully use scrapers at this point. Can't replace the wood once it is gone.

Larry

19. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

If you are the boss of, say, Beretta, where would you expand your manufacturing plant to? China? or U.S.A.? the choice should be obvious.

secondly, fat wallet = premium guns, and good luck to you.
    little wallet= cheap guns, and don't whine. SIMPLE.

lastly, remember the chinese woman who shot the whole program clean, and kicked fellow Male shooter's butt in the open event, ie: male female mixed Skeet event of 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, she claimed the gold medal standing in between 2 men on the podium and became the first and last woman who has ever done so, the gun she used was a "Tiger head" brand made by a chinese bicycle factory, and shotshells were "Jialing" brand made by a chinese military turned civil enterprise.

So, become a better shot and work harder to save up for a "premium" gun, because afterall, you don't want to end up a crappy shot with a chinese shotgun!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chinese over under shot gun tiger head brand