1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

China Motors I mean GM silly me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by The Rock, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Aren't you glad that the god Obama's bailout of GM saved so many jobs? In China that is.

Welcome to China Motors. Unbelievable 70% of all GM products plus most Research and Development since bailout now done out side the USA.

So when you see the stock market up and jobs are not it is because GM is doing fine, just not here. Making all kinds of money so buy stock in China Motors.

How many US jobs were saved again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Rock

Jim

2. willing

willing Member

Interesting that GM and Ford onlt sell .01% each in Japan. Fair trade I guess.

Bill

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

If we only knew all the deals Obama cut with China to get his money for vote buying.

4. rebeldog1

rebeldog1 TS Member

The truth is jobs being sent overseas because of NAFTA(North American Free Trade Agreement)brought about during Bush era,embraced by so called American companies to hire cheaper labor(read sweatshop countries)and cheaper operating costs offered by those countries.Just go to any store and look at where the products come from,it isn't only cars,but everything we buy everyday.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

What are the taxpayers going to do when GM goes bankrupt AGAIN? Another collapse is inevitable since they simply robbed the American taxpayer, paid off the unions, gave out bonuses, and didn't really fix anything caused the problem in the first place. GM's second bankruptcy will be a good test to see exactly how dumbed-down the American citizenry, and GM customers, have become.

-Gary

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

NAFTA was signed into law by Clinton on 12/8/93.

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I can't speak for GM, but I know companies like John Deere and CAT have factories in China simply to do R&D and manufacturing just for the Chinese market, nothing built there is exported. I really don't have a problem with this as they primarily do it to avoid the costs of shipping large completed pieces of equipment over that rather large open body of water...They also benefit from having employees who know/understand the local markets. But at the same time they send hundreds of American employees over to run all the major operations. It all sounds pretty logical to me, and considering GM's market share in China, I'd be willing to bet they do the same thing.

The thing that bothers me about GM, Ford and Chrysler alike, is the fact that a majority of their vehicles are built in Canada or Mexico. I don't have exact numbers, but I believe Toyota builds (from rolls of steel to completed car) more vehicles in the U.S. than any of the "Domestic" companies.

As always, JMHO.

Josh

8. rebeldog1

rebeldog1 TS Member

Obama doesn't send jobs anywhere,so called American companies pushed for NAFTA to reduce their operating expenses by cutting out American workers.I have been corrected and accept that I was wrong,but the president cannot do anything on his own without congress an senatorial approval.

9. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

NAFTA is that "Giant Sucking Sound " Ross Peroit referred to, when describing our jobs and resources leaving this country...if NAFTA was approved.

He was way ahead of the curve...which could be because he was also a business man, among other things.

Term limits would oust a lot of the professional political morons that manage our country's business it seems to me.... Then we might have a chance of getting some real business professionals to run for office and help out our country. Many of which would likely work for free...since they "are" successful business men, and would like to return something back to this great land of opportunity...or should that be "was" a great land of opportunity?

Seems a lot tougher for a young person to start a business now than it was 40 years ago to me....??

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Stan the moron presently stinking up the White House thinks that they can better contribute to the country by taxing the sh^& out of them so he can Pi$$ the money away the way he thinks is right, and since the only thing he has ever done was be a community organizer, his knowledge is extremely limited, so he will spend the money jet setting around the world trying to fool all the rest of it like he did 51% of the people in this country

Actually he used the money to buy the votes he needed legal or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.