1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&*^%$ China bought Volvo.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

China bought Volvo from Ford. There goes another good car co down the drain.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Actually, Volvo was one of the few companies that Ford bought and brought down quality wise. I find it hard to believe that the Chinese could screw it up any worse than Ford did.

JMHO!

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My first "new" car was a 1971 142S. I had more major problems with that car than the sum total of every car I have owned since. It was the quintessential lemon. If anyone could produce lower quality than that, they are truly creative.

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you about Ford and Volvo. When they did buy Volvo I was not happy. I'm less happy with China having Volvo. I wanted a XC60 diesel if and when they came in the USA but now I don't know what I will feel comfortable with. I have had a 740 for about 15 years. It has 207,000 on it but sooner or later I will have to replace it. Its a good car and I will not be glad to see it go.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

More jobs down the tubes.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I was thinking of an indirect benefit. With the American car companies getting away from all the foreign businesses they have been involved with, all they will have is their core business. If they just concentrate at making Domestic autos, maybe they will fingure out that they do not need all those thousands of high paid executives that do nothing but chase the secretary around anyway. By eliminating all that overhead, they will become profitable, like Chrysler was before the germans decided to bleed it dry. Once they become profitable they can quit bleeding the tax payers to make up for their foolish ways. The tax money we save will help us to buy their cars. Tax payers are happy in new cars. Happy taxpayers! Wow, think of the ramifications of that!!!!

hey, don't bust my bubble, it's Christmas

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I drive GM. My wife drives Honda... Both good cars

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Made my Ford stock jump to over $10.

Don

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well, Ford finally learned how to build a safe reliable car. Their new Taurus is based on the S-80 format. All their latest safety features are direct take offs from Volvo. By the way I'm over 300% on my Ford stock, too bad some of my others aren't doing as good. Will have to think agian about buying another Volvo unless I don't want the exhaust to smell like garlic sauce.

Merry Christmas

Phil Berkowitz

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Cup Holders AND Rice Cookers in the same vehicle? What's next?

11. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

why don't they buy winchester maybe they could bring back super targets paper's for $50.00 a flat since they can't produce a good target load batman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

china brought volvo co