1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chilly but Sunny Big Meat Shoot Oxford GC 1/31

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

After the troubles we had yesterday during the snowy Pen-Mar shoot I wasn't sure what to expect today. Once we got all the snow shoveled off of the trap pads and walkways it was smooth sailing. All the traps worked just fine, amazing what a few degrees warmer and some sunshine will do. Some of the shooters were having trouble with the glare from the snow but thats part of winter trap shooting. Turn-out was light, maybe people were still digging out from the snowstorm. 9 squads total.

Event 1 winner Jon G. 49x50

Event 2 winner (tie) Jon G. & Jim Roland 49x50 (Jon beat Jim out of the hat)

Event 3 winner G. Olseski 50x50

Event 4 25 Green Bird Hi-Gun Jim Roland 25x25 Green Bird Lucky Larry Kirk

We had a tie today for top prize winner. G. Olseski and Jim Roland both finished the day with 5. Good shooting guys. Jim can't hit the broad side of a barn during the Pen-Mar so his buddy Bob Pierce suggested we tie a porkchop to the barrel of his S gun on Saturday to see if it helps.

On a sad note (for me) this was my last Big Meat Shoot to run at Oxford. Next Sunday will find me on the road to Fort Wayne Indiana. We are not sure who will replace me as Director. If you are interested, please let a Board member know.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You'll be greatly missed by your family here at Oxford Rich

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Thanks Calvin

I do plan on visiting during Holidays.

Rich

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Next Big Meat Shoot at Oxford will be on Sunday Feb 7th.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

22" to 33" of snow coming this weekend, 25+ mph winds....get your booties ready....

Curt

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The guys are planning to have the gun club open for the Big Meat Shoot on Sunday. Sam Walker plans to start plowing on Sat as soon as the storm passes. Bring your snowshovel on Sunday morning and join the party. They hope to have the club open by 10am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.