1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Child rapist murdered in prison

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Husky44, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

CORCORAN-- Officials at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran (CSATF/SP) are investigating an inmate death as a homicide.
    Michael Benjamin Burch, 67, was found unresponsive in his cell Tuesday, January 31. He was pronounced deceased by prison medical officials and transported to the King's County Coroner's Office for an autopsy. The Coroner's Office ruled the death a homicide Tuesday evening.
    Officials from the prison and the Kings County District Attorney's Office have named Burch's cellmate, inmate Robert Vargas Salas, 54, as the suspect in the case. Inmate Salas has been placed in the administrative segregation unit while the investigation continues.
    Burch was received from Los Angeles County on February 3, 2011, and was serving a 675-year sentence for lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14, oral copulation with a child under 14, and rape with force/violence.
    Salas was received on August 10, 1977, from Ventura County. He is serving a life-term for first-degree murder.
    CSATF/SP is a multi-mission institution that houses 5,981 inmates and employs more than 1,800 people. Opened in 1997, the institution houses minimum-, medium-, and maximum-security male inmates and provides substance-abuse treatment programs, academic and vocational education, and re-entry and self-help programs to prepare inmates for their reintegration into society.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Boy that is just terrible............truely a tragedy. *snicker*

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Inmates generally don't take too kindly to pedophiles. There's some rotten SOBs in jail, but even those guys thing pedophiles are scum, and treat them as such.

4. avery53

avery53 Member

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    His cellmate should get a medal, not charges.

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Cellmate deserves congradulations for the money he saved the state.

Big Jack

7. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

YES! I think they should all be put to death. Kim

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Justice has many faces...

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They are at the bottom of the inmate Totem Pole.

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I think that Salas should be moved from prison to prison to take care of things the justice system isn`t capable of doing .

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Dang, Salas wouldn't even wait for the creep's anniversary! How thoughtless.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Appears Salas was teaching a crash course "self help" program to Burch...

13. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

This was a practice session for when Jerry Sandusky gets in.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

These guys get a lot of cred if they kill while incarcerated. Of course, this is usually done by a lifer with no chance of ever hitting the streets again.

Jeffrey Dahmer was killed by a young black inmate serving a no parole life term. This gets him status, and since you can't serve more than life it doesn't matter.

I think sometimes inmates might murder to get executed, rather than sitting in a cage till they die.

Life does have its ugly sides.

HM

15. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

After selling my hardware store, I took a job in corrections. Just who we are correcting, I haven't a clue. However, child abusers don't make out well in prison. Trust me, they don't.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You know a society is sick when its convicted murderers have better morals than its University Presidents and football coaches.

-Gary

17. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

We know nothing about the circumstances which provoked the final demise of one of the lowest forms of life walking this earth. Mr. salas, however, is no hero. He, too, is a murderer. For all we know they may have had an argument about who got the top bunk and murder ensued. Mr. Salas deserves nothing but his own life sentence. I, for one, however, am somehow pleased at the outcome of their altercation...

18. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Capitol punishment would save this country enough money that even the Libs should consider it. Heck they could spend even more money. Wonder if they ever thought of this angle? I say turn the prisoners loose inside the compound and let the strong survive. Do it each year for one week at a time. No need for shorter sentences. Just let them thin out the chaff.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's a shame our sick society doesn't do it's job anymore, but it is rather comforting to know that Burch suffered more getting his justice via a good ol' fashioned prison stomping instead of the usual HBO & 3-Squares a day.

In any case, I say we give Salas an honorary Penn State degree.

-Gary

20. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Let's see...Salas was convicted of murder and sentenced to life. Then he murdered again. Those who say capital punishment doesn't deter crime must not be thinking. If Salas had been executed...this murder would have been "deterred", wouldn't it?

But in this case, Salas did a service to the country. But don't tell me capital punishment doesn't deter crime. If you kill a killer, he can't kill again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.