1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Child Endangerment

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    NY man who caught four boys vandalizing home is charged after locking them in closet until police arrived

CLYDE, N.Y. — A New York man who says he caught four boys vandalizing his father-in-law's home has been charged with child endangerment after corralling them in a closet until police arrived.

Jesse Daniels was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child after authorities say he interrupted the vandalism at the empty home in the Wayne County village of Clyde.

Daniels tells WHEC-TV in Rochester he heard pounding June 8 and went to investigate while his wife called 911.

He says he found four boys, ages 8 and 10, inside with hammers. He says he took a hammer from one, then stuck the boys in a closet until officers arrived.

Their parents say Daniels handled the boys roughly.

The boys have been charged with burglary and criminal mischief.
  2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A couple of years ago, a number of ATV riders were aprehended trespassing on private property in New Jersey. They were stopped and placed into a shed to await the police who were called immediateley. The owner of the property and his friends who helped detained these trespassers were charged by the trespassers with illegal imprisonment and each trespasser raceived an award of $100,000.

This country is nuts and the nuts are now running the asylum!
  3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A citizen cannt make an arrest? what would of happened if the "perp" had all of the kids lying face down with a gun pointed at them waitng for the police to arrive.

Many years ago my dad chased down a kid stealing hub-caps from his car. He caught the kid (still with the hub-cap) and walked him a few blocks to the police station. The police dept contemplated arresting my dad for man-handling the kid. The officer told the kid to go home.
  4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This Orewellian abuse of the criminal justice system will just encourage vigilantism. Cheaper and less risky to hire a thug to beat the kids within an inch of their lives. I hope the jury is smarter than the cops or DA, but I doubt it.