1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicken or the egg ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Shooting 5 per station and 25 per field come about because each box of shells held 25, or did a box of 25 come about because this is how we shoot trap ??

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'll be darned.

3. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

And they used to shoot Doubles on 4 traps... 20/30/20/30

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Actually it was: 30/20/30/20.

Curt

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Learn something new everyday. I'm glad i opened this thread now. What was the purpose of the 30/20 split? Wasn't that a bit confusing with boxes of 20 or 25 whichever they where at the time?----Matt

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

We still have 20 shell boxes.. and 25 shell.. and in Europe 10 shell boxes for ZZ bird.. I guess 5 birds..2 shots each.. I was always under the impression the 25 shell box was made for economy in shipping and the size of the "flat".. Like the old oil can.. Least amount of paper.. largest capacity shy of a sphere..which would create dead space in the shipping container..

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Matt- Shooting doubles 30/20/30/20 is still legal and was common 15 years ago. That allowed you to shoot 50 pair over four traps. On one field we would shoot three pair per post and on the next field, two pair per post were shot.

Pat Ireland

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Pat---Thanks for the quick lesson. It still sounds like it may have been a bit confusing especially for a new shooter. I guess if thats the only way it was do ne back then, it would have been the norm. Sounds if it may have been a little faster pace as far as moving around anyway.----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.