1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago Renames the Cubs.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bluzman98, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

to the Chicago Chumps....what a pitiful display.

Jim C

2. richrob

richrob TS Member

I was at the game a few weekends ago when they clinched and everybody was screaming that they were gonna win the world series. Knowing I am a Sox fan, everybody started getting on me about how the the Sox were gonna go 3 and out in the playoffs. I said yeah, maybe, kinda like the Cubs did last year (and again this year) ...... -Rich

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I haven't watched major league baseball in years, I stayed up last night to watch & hope the CUBs could pull it out. I really wanted to see a Cubs vs Rays series.---The battle of the losers. However; I watched the Rays the other night, their hustle & hunger, impressed me. Stayed in Tampa Bay @ the St. Pete. Municipal Marina for a few years &the Rays were a laughing stock. They,now, kind of remind me of the old clean cut Yankees of the 50's & 60's--If the Dodgers, are in the series & the celebrity B.S. takes over, won't watch the series unless the Rays are in it.

Lou

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm a Cardinal fan, the Cubs archrival, and even I didn't take any pleasure out of their demise. It was painful to watch.

I guess that is the tradeoff for living in Chicago. Sure you get to vote multiple times in presidential elections, but then you get stuck with miserable sports teams.

5. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I had to throw in the "dig"...........I am actually a Cardinals fan (grew up in StL).....

I really didn't get it.....I watched the 3 games and the Chumps seemed liked they wanted to be anywhere else except at the ballpark.

I too would have liked to see a Rays vs Cubs series.....it would have been fun to see some new faces and have 2 teams & players that would really have relished winning it all. Maybe Chicago thought whoever they played would roll over and play dead......who knows, but it was pitiful.

Being that I am in Florida.....Go Rays!!!!

Jim C

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I had to drink an entire bottle of Jack Daniels to numb the pain. Ugh it's horrible. Well...time to hoist the Red Sox flag...*sniffles*
    -Trappy

7. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Trappy

With that kind of drinking to numb the pain...can we assume you are one of the "bleacher bums' out there in right field at Wrigley????

Jim C

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Nah...just a very disappointed high school student! :p Not bleacher bum...yet
    -Trappy

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

YEAH!...There's a good plan! :p
    -Trappy

10. ink ball

ink ball Member

100 years....and counting (World Series Champions drought)...Yup... we cub fans must be loyal :)

11. SwannyinMinn.

SwannyinMinn. TS Member

I couldn't understand starting Dempster over Lilly or Zambrano. He proved he couldn't handle the pressure of closing. How was he going to handle the playoffs?! I hope Dumpster is long gone ASAP. We are stuck with Sorryano for a while. Nobody will eat that underachiever's salary. Fuckudome is a bust. I too would like to trade Lee for a CF, or reliever. We can save millions on another .280 25 hr guy. Those are pretty common nowdays.

The culture of the club really bothers me the most. It's so accepting of losing that they seem not to care. It is disheartening for sure. There is nobody who hates to lose on the roster. You can't teach that. You have to be born with it.

I really don't see them winning much next year. We were lucky that there were no injuries to the pitching staff. I would rather build from within with core players than bring in any more overpaid FAs. The FA way is not working too well for us now. I like what the Red Sox and Angels did with their team. They can replace pretty much any part with another player.

12. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

swanny, well apparently neither could Zambrano...granted, there were what, 4 unearned runs in that game?

ink ball, no, we're just stupid!
    -Trappy

13. SwannyinMinn.

SwannyinMinn. TS Member

Z only gave up 2 ER. You really can't blame him or that loss. Sorryano battin .071, Ramirez getting 2 hits in 3 games (was hitless last year in the playoffs). There does need to be flushing of some of the paycheck cashers.

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Soriano sucks. He has amazing numbers against the 4th and 5th pitchers, but he is god awful with the first few pitchers. Time to get him out. Also, the Cubs have no farm system! They keep trading them out for players! How are they going to grow a team if they keep selling their seeds! (horrible analogy I know)
    -Trappy

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They should rename them "The Chicago Want-To-Be's."

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I still love 'em. "Let's play two!" Said Mr. Cub. Wait until next year.

17. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Well the old standard line comes to mind...Move them to the Phillipines and call them:

THE MANILLA FOLDERS!

18. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Too bad Chicago gave us two losers, with luck they will give us a third (Obama) & then the Sox & Cubs won't look so bad.

Lou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.