1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago! No Olympics For You!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Booo Hoooo, Looks like Bama's bid for Chicago olympics went down the tubes...they are out on the first round. puablo

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Another failure for Obama. More to come. Obama, his wife and Oprah all gave great sacrifice flying to Europe for us all. But alas, it ended in failure.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Think of all the green house gas they could have saved if they had stayed home. Bill Malcolm

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I wonder how much the trip cost American taxpayers? Do you think he would have tried to do the same think for another city besides Chicago?

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The hand writing is on the wall, turn back or go under.

Last I heard, its about $600,000 to put Air Force One in the air (PBS tv). so 2 trips equal $1,200,000 mim.

Maybe between Opah and Michel O, they could pay back the taxpayer for the trips and show us, as examples "Sacrifice" and throw the Dalyes in there too!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Looks like snake oil and a condescending attitude didn't go over.

HM

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The more I see of that piece of shit the more I feel like throwing up

8. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Humble yourself and you'll be exhalted...exhalt yourself and you'll be humbled.
    Proverbs

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It's not Chicago's loss or the President's... it's our countries as a whole.

So all of you above posters are glad another counrty got the gig? Where's your sense of nationalism?

Guy Babin

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

gdbabin That is one for the record book . Just what did we lose ?
    Daly lost Obama lost Chicago won can,t beat that .

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Rio De Janiero got the 2016 Olympics because an Olympics had never been held in South America. The only two continents left that have not had an Olympics are Africa and Antartica.

Eric

12. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I live here and I can say that I'm glad!!!!

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I got only 2 words to say..."Boooo Hoooooo Hoooooo."...oh, oh that's one tooo many "Hooooos". Sorry bout that.

14. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Here's a novel idea...take the money we were going to put in the O's and hire all the teachers back that were laid off,etc.
    GEEE, we are in a economic disaster and we want to spend millions on O's???

15. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Doesn't surprise me!

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

We as a country can not afford the Olympics, period, we don't have the money.

Plus the fact that the Olympics used to be, in it's pristene state, a challenge among amateurs of the world, it is now big buisness with a handfull of people reaping huge profits. It is all about the money now, not the sports.

The highlight of this whole escapade by our Illegitimate President and his social crew is the fact he was shut down straight away and in short order. All this person (Obama) can do is talk and act. He has absoluteley no substance what so ever.
    I do not look at this as a black eye(no pune intended)on the USA, but, a solid example of just how vane and incompetent this person really is.

17. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Guy Badin, you just had to ask didn't you, I hope you got your answer.

The thought that sports has anything to do with Nationalism is just not there.

Nationaliam to me has to do with: Do you love this country for what the founders wanted it to be and Become? Check out the website, Wallbuilders and you might get an idea what that was.

391's comments about what the Olympic's have become is right on the money, no pun intented!

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nationalism with regard to the Olympics was a big deal to Hitler.

Mao, too.

In this case Chcago was saved the opportunity to lose a couple billion, and Valerie Jarret lost the opportunity to screw the public.

What a shame.

HM

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I was sitting in the dentist chair watching the Olympic vote on BBC World News and I damn near choked trying to stiffle a chuckle when Chicago got the boot in the first round. Be glad you didn't get the games.....one less opportunity for the contracts to go to all the pals of the organizers at inflated prices...and then you all pay for it! Plus, one less event for the terrorists to bomb!...JMHO...

20. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I guess Obama isn't as influential as he thinks... He is in over his head with this job. Chicago should be thankful they didn't get it. The only one that would of made money are the union mob boses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.