1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago H2O

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Man O' Manischewitz... while not anywhere near as bad as the South, we are getting the water. They opened the locks and gates to free up billions of gallons back into Lake Michigan - good thing the beaches are closed... I've had to drain nearly 10" out of my pool...

Naperville has a beautiful Riverwalk (well had, as of the this AM) the mighty Dupage River (well not so mighty usually) has expanded it banks and they just redid the retaining walls this summer... In 25 years, I've never seen it this bad - must be one of those 500 year deals.

We've got seepage in the traphouses, but the sump pumps have it under control so far... keeping a vigil. Hope the rest of you are doing as well as can be expected in your neck of the woods.

regards to all,

Jay

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Just as bad north. I feel for those people on the DesPlaines and Fox rivers.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The only time it rains in Arizona is if I wash my truck or my wifes car ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Maywood Sportsmans Club is closed and taking on water. So far knock on wood my basement remains relatively dry bit of seepage but nothing more. Reminds me of 1987 when we had this much rain.

5. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

St. Charles SC hosted the Illinois Northern Zone Shoot which was cancelled when their pumps could no longer handle the volume of water. <br>
    <br>
    At Maywood we spent all day Saturday keeping our clubhouse basement from severe flooding using 6 pumps and 300' of fire hose. The traps houses took on some water but our pumps managed to keep damage minimal. You could almost water ski on fields 4-5-6. <br>

6. Bruce Specht

Well it's Tuesday and the high school I teach at Riverside Brookfield is closed at least through tomorrow and likely Thursday. H2O everywhere

7. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

A lady friend of mine was coming back to Ohio from Chicago visiting her daughter and got stuck in a traffic jam on I 80 took 5 1/2 hours to go 2 1/2 miles. I guess there was a flooded underpass, she had to pee so bad that she got a towel from the back seat just in case and peed into a plastic bag. She says she is going to get a ladies urinal to keep in her car from now on. Bill

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

It was all that water passing, that got her passing water...

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Bill ... thank you for that tidbit of information but it was really far to much information unless of course there is some sort of pictures ... heck ... that would also be far to much information as well.

10. Bruce Specht

Well it's Wednesday and school is out again tomorrow. It will be like starting the school year over again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.