1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago gun buy-back tomorrow, bring your junkers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by almost unemployed, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

$100 pre-paid credit card, junk or not. Click on link below photo for locations.

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Crap, I wish I'd known sooner. I've been saving the junk, 12 so far.

Doug

3. ccridr

ccridr Member

Just got back from turning in the junk I've collected since last year, $1100.00, no questions asked.
    Colby

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

You know something... there's no way in hell I would ever do that. When the buy-back is over, Daley is going to say how incredibly successful the program was because he personally took x number of guns off the streets of Chicago. I would rather my "junkers" take up space in my safe than give Daley ammunition for his cause. The principal is worth a heck of a lot more than a measly $100.

5. fly

fly Active Member

But if some of the "Crack Pipes" turn in their guns for a Hundred bucks so they can feed their habit, at least the gun is off the street.

6. obfd13

obfd13 Member

.....the streets of Chicago will be safe tonight.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Make zip guns and cash in.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Brian is right...even with the metals market all ga-ga...pipe is still comparatively cheap.

This is one time that I envy you Chicagoans!

9. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

One of our local gun shops took 37 guns to the turn in......Lots of $100.00 gift cards....so, so many junkers turned in that they ran out of the cards. According to one of our shooters, the church was filled with white suburbanites with lots of junkers. Only a couple minorities were even there !!! They really solved a problem's of the city of Chicago with this gun turn in......it only rids the suburbs of junkers and with the cards new guns will be bought. Cabella's will have a great month !!

10. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I had a personal best this year, and an even better deal. Took in 23 rats, missing stocks, cylinders. I would have had 25 but I traded two junkers to a fella for a nice shape S&W MODEL 66 with no dashes, and a stainless rear sight. Nice day for sure! RG

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Cut all your junk guns in half on the big band saw first, then double your money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.