1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chiappa 1911-22 pistol

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powderburn, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi!
    Anybody bought one of these? Comments? Looks like it would be a fun pistol to have. Am. Rifleman had an article about them, and now the new Blue Press catalog has an article on them. Just curious!
    -Powderburn

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I have one, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. For the price, it looks good to me. Certainly not a "quality" product, but I'm just going to use it for plinking and I think it was a good deal.

3. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge TS Member

I have one of these pistols. Was very pleased with the pistol for the price. The trigger is tough. I fired it as fast as I could and it functioned just fine. Also was very pleased with accuracy. Only problem is that mine will not chamber the first round unless you insert the magazine with the slide open.

4. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Shot one yesterday- not quite as good a shooter or trigger as my 41 Smith.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Doug, you are comparing Chevy to Lincoln.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I bought one last month. Still filing on the front sight to get it to shoot on at 25yds. Trigger is 10 lbs. supposed to back off to 5 after running several thousand rounds through it. Not there yet. As Doug mentioned, doesn't shoot as well as my Smith 41 lol. Can't do anything to the triggers as they are not metal. They're supposed to be producing one with metal trigger parts at some point.

Steve

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Update:

Finally got to shoot it, and it did not go well. Hoping it was the ammo but I'm afraid it might not be.(Rem bulk HP's).

It would rarely eject the shells, most were very tight in the chamber after firing and I needed to use the cleaning rod to push them out. Hope this is similar to the stuck hulls situation with the cheaper shotgun shells. I'll try another couple of brands of shells.

Oh well!

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Are the trigger parts the same.. or similar to a 1911 ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.