1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHGING USER NAME/PASSWORD HELP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by COLOKOLAR, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

Need some "how to" help that a half computer literate can understand.
    I no longer own a Kolar and would like to change my user name and password. It says you can do it but as soon as you do it kicks back--or--it says "sorry you cannot use those two at that e mail address because someone {ME} already has that email address.........I am not changing my email address.
    So-------am I just stuck with this forever??
    Thanks for any help you may give
    Bill

2. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

Hairy

Have you tried that link? Let's you do it all and then tells you that that email address is already in use. I don't really want another email address from Yahoo or aol or anything else.......guess it must be impossible.
    Thanks anyway
    Bill

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

ColorKolar, You might try this.

First, log out of this website.

Second, delete all of your cookies.

Third, come back to this website and log on with a different name and a different password.

Don't know if this will work, but it may be worth a try.

Hauxfan!

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

5. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

Hauxfan;
    Thanks for devoting some thought to this but NOPE--that didn't work either....
    geeeez there ought to be a way one would think!
    Bill

6. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

If it is that important to you there is a REALLY EASY solution. Just make up a hotmail address and use it one time to get your new name and password. Then just never go back to hotmail again. If a couple minutes of your time to set up a hotmail addy is too much trouble then you really don't care if you have a new name and password.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Iampro-huntingOf course Bill could do a hotmail addy but I think he wants to not have to many email address to keep track of by the way I still use one of my first pass words since I first statrted on the net and never been scammed yet.

COLOKOLAR:

I would say to email David below or in the clickablable link above and explain why, maybe he can just add the new user name to the old email address that you signed in with in the past.

I bet you will get some postive result's please keep us all informed don't know if the moderator's can do the same as David or not but if so then maybe they can help out also.

Foghorn220

info@trapshooters.com

8. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

Lampro-Hunting;
    Two minutes is not to much time to invest--however I thought that it was a rather poorly thought of practice from postings that I have read on this site. I just didn't wish to be one of "those" if that impression was true---apparently some don't worry about it.

Foggy--Thanks a bunch for that suggestion--I will give that a try.
    Bill

9. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

You are not trying to hide the fact you are changing your name so it does not matter how you go about it. What is frowned upon is those that make up multiple ID's to try and hide who or what they are.

10. WWB

WWB Member

MX-8B

Yep I was beginning to feel that it was a rather dumb idea, and what difference
    did it make??!!.....but--thanx to Foggy I got it done.......but there were unhappy
    memories connected to that gun also, took a $2000 bath on it-----I guess the old adage about expensive cars, guns and women will always cost ya is true.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and especially to you Foghorn.
    Bill

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

RLW,
    Expensive women can be cost effective if you rent them.

You get hosed if "pride of ownership" drives you to marry one.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.