1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheyenne's Mike Head is a Bum

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Cheyenne

Not really I am just jealous

Tomorrow he gets to go "for a ride" with one of the Thunder-bird's in an F-16
    The T-Birds come to Cheyenne every year for Frontier Days and typically will give one ride to a celebrity or media person.

This year they chose using the theme "Home-town Hero's" and Mike who is a Fireman/Paramedic and accompanied Wyoming's WW II vets on their "Freedom Flight" was selected. Could not happen to better guy.

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Wow, what a great honor for one of our much under-appreciated civil-servants. Oh how I would love to be able to do what he is going to do !!! Mike* (MH*)

3. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Nice, Mike, I would trade places in a heart beat
    CHuck

4. Butler

Butler TS Member

good job mike suppose we will hear all about it starting Monday at the grand see you soon, Jim Butler

5. gundog

gundog TS Member

Congrats Mike thats way cool. give ma a call and tell me about it.
    Robbie

6. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Very cool!!!!

Congrats Mike, ENJOY........

Matt Nicol

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

seems like I have heard they make sure that the passengers "get sick" on those rides

8. bunkerup

bunkerup TS Member

Without a doubt that was the ride of a life time. It is amazing how professional these men and women are. This professionalism not only applies to the pilots (Capt Kristin Hubbard was mine) but to every member of the team. FYI they could make a person sick of even unconcious in the blink of the eye but they due their best to ensure an amazing and enjoyable ride.

Mike Head
    [​IMG]

9. bunkerup

bunkerup TS Member

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Now that is cool!

The understatement of the year is that we are envious.

11. jtrim

jtrim TS Member

What a great honor for a great guy.

Congratulations Mike and you deserve the "Hometown Hero" title.

Good Luck at the Grand.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

No drinkin' or eatin'...and keep your hands and arms INSIDE OF THE VEHICLE!

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

What a ride it was. I am the Honorary Commander of the 59th Test & Evaluation Squadron at Nelis Air Force Base in Nevada. I do what I can for the airmen at Nellis and offer any assistance that they may need and try to make their stay in the Las Vegas community more enjoyable. The 59th TES tests today what they will be using tomorrow.

Had the opportunity to go for a ride in a F16D (normally a one seater but the trainer is a two seater)in June 2004. What a ride! Heet Seger flew me and it was a 4 ship. Heet told me that he could get me sick but he wanted me to enjoy the ride. We were in the air for about an hour. Two F16s, a War Hog and a F22 Raptor were in our flight. We were the fourth aircraft to take off and went straight up upon lift off and did a roll and headed downrange. Pulled 7g's. Did lot of maneuvers and Heet told me to look up at 11 o'clock. There was the Raptor sitting there about 10-12' away. We broke the sound barrier also for short period.

I had my physical in the morning, get fitted for flight suite, G suite, fitted for helmet and breathing apparatus as well as go through egress training. This was all in the morning and then lunch. After lunch I sat in the on the mission planning with the pilots. Our flight was at 2:22 PM.

Needless to say, it was thrilling and it is a honor to be associated with such a fine group of pilots and airmen serving our country.

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking us vicariously through the day with your description. We know you earned it and are very happy for your thrilling experience.

All I can do is sit here and drool/dream...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.