1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Chewing tobacco

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Calkidd, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I have been looking for Taylor's Pride Plug chew, but I cannot find it anywhere here in CA. Can someone point me in the right direction where I may be able to purchase this?
    [​IMG]

I also have been looking for a place that will sell Stokers Tennessee chew also.

Bryan
  2. mallard2

mallard2 Member

Nothing adds to a gun club experience like stepping around chew artfully spit onto the grounds.
  3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

It cracks me up when the ones spitting chew complain when trespassing dogs leave presents on the trap field.
  4. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Member

I'd much rather step in tobacco spit or dog shit than step on hulls left on the ground by skeet shooters that are too lazy to catch or pick up after themselves. It only adds to the cost of targets in the long run.
  5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Hulls on the ground at my club are picked up by the trap help, and the club sells them. Makes money.

Maybe your club is doing it wrong.
  6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you ever have to shoot with a Texan.....Watch out! d;o)
  7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

I will put up with a smoker then a chewer. Funny how people don't see the un healthy environment that chewers create. Their spit all over the place, their unwanted chew all over the place. Then the gross act of spitting and it running down their chin. If anything needs to be banned its the chew.
  8. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

There was a youth shoot at Cardinal last Saturday - 192 squads. In the middle of all these kids and their families were two men standing in a small group with their wives and each of them would periodically turn and try to find somewhere in the crowd to spit so it wouldn't hit someone's foot. One guy actually had two Skoal rings in his left hip pocket. Filthy, disgusting practice.

rm
  9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I knew this thread would turn into a bitch fest.

First off I don't chew while shooting or around people. Secondly I use a cup filled with napkins or paper towels. Third, I like to chew when I reload, hunt, fish or just hanging out by myself or with friends.
  10. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Don't sweat it brother! I am with you, Taylor's Pride is good stuff!

Try www.jrcigars.com. This is a large tobacco outlet with stores in NC and a large online presence. I know that they sell almost any tobacco product made at their retail stores. Contact them about shipping some Taylor's to you.

Scott
  11. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Member

Calkid,

I have no problem with tobacco users, chewers or smokers. I started with Redman when I was about 13. I quit chewing and started smoking ( dumbest thing I've ever done)

Srian in O,

Is your club's trap help paid? Do they work full time? If they are paying traphelp then the cost is absorbed by the shooters
  12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Active Member

Calkidd the last I new Sam's Club had your brand. To spite what everyone here is saying it is still your business and your right. If you prefer to chew instead of smoke.

Funny but when someone wants to ban a certain firearm or firearms in general. They bitch long and loud. Yet when they don't like smoking or in this case chewing. They think nothing of making you look like a bad person because you chew.

Go Figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless
  13. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

My wife is a retired dental hygienist who worked for an oral surgeon years ago.
    She often had to assist during surgeries involving oral cancers. A significant percentage of these patients were young males who chewed tobacco. It greatly affected her seeing these young men disfigured for life due to tissue and bone removal because of tobacco use.
  14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

How about some smoking tobacco, this unopened 2 oz. package was made in the 1800's It has a John Q. Adams tax paid stamp dated 1883.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303258.jpg

toolmaker251_2008_0303259.jpg
  15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You can still get Taylors pride in NV. I'll spare you the lectures but will say you should do as I say and not as I do.

My vice is Copenhagen Snuff - no spitting. The big leaf chews are okay but not real convienient when you are in public. Also found that one of my GSP dogs just loved the stuff and would roll in what ever reminants he could find. - I think he would actually get a bit of a buzz in doing that.

Now go behave yourself!
  16. toolguy

toolguy TS Member

Do a Google search with these words:

taylor's pride chewing tobacco

The list of results should keep you busy for a while. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don Whiton
  17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"I knew this thread would turn into a bitch fest. "

Then why did you bother to start the thread, other than to stir the pot, rather than using Google and getting straight and to the point answers.
  18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Active Member

"Then why did you bother to start the thread, other than to stir the pot, rather than using Google and getting straight and to the point answers."

Seems to me he 20 straight answers so far. The problem is he got most of them from the do gooders that think they have a right to decide what is right for other and what isn't.

Bob Lawless
  19. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I chewed long tob for years ( Levi Garret), never spit much just swallowed it because I flew a lot and could not spit. I would put a chew in and fly to my dest and never spit. I now think it is a disgustingly unhealthy habit and would never ever do it again ( cigars too) however I believe we all have the right to do what we want and do not think anyone should tell another they cannot smoke or chew... Thats what is wrong with this country today, our choices are being taken away one by one. God help us get rid of Obama and the Libs. Taylors Pride is readily found on the internet.
  20. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Bryan

I never have had any of the brands you mention. I wouldn't mind trying it though. I can tell you that there is one type I liked so much I named my son after it. "Levi Garrett" Not only is it a great chew but I thought it had a great name.

Dwayne
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.