1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHEVY TRUCKS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by LMac, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMac

LMac TS Member

Been looking at the new chevy pickups. Anyone out there that can tell me about the Colorado with the 3.7L. inline five cyl. engine. Any info would be appreciated.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

My friend has the 3.7 engine in his H3 Hummer and is satisfied with the power he needs. The MPG's are not that great.

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Another GM folly.

Fuel consumption of a V8, power of a I4.

4. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

I'm done with GM. My Silverado has had problems since I bought it in 1999. New transmission, new drive train and then came the GM Bulletin about the needle bearings falling out of the rocker-arms on many models. I found about 14 bearings in my oil pan and asked GM to help with the repair costs as per the bulletin. They declined. Needless to say, I'm not happy with GM quality and they have not backed their product.

I would advise anyone to check for repair bulletins on whatever vehicle you wish to purchase.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

Kenny, You misspelled needless it should be needleless. All kidding aside, it would bother the hell out of me if there were needle bearings in my pan waiting for the oil pump pickup to suck one up and go through screen and lock the pump up. You have about 20 seconds to stop the engine before main and rod bearing failure. If you plan on keeping the truck I would replace the rockers and drop the pan to clean anything remaining. Don't rely on the magnetic drain plug to catch all of them.

6. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Ihad my fill of GM back in 95.

Half ton GMC, brakes, 4x4 shift trouble, rode like crap, couldn`t pull a sitting hen off her nest, fights for warrinty repairs, last GM product I`ll ever own, hope they do go broke.

Tom R.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The Wife thought she would like a new Colorado untill we drove one . What a pile of crap bad mileage and no resale cost as much as a fullsize .

ALF

8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Tired, out of work, hungry? eat your dam import.

9. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I given Chevy many tries........

I have a Nissan and Toyota.

Good luck with your choice.

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I've owned so many Chevys I'd have a hard time counting them all. I LOVE THEM. I have NEVER had a bad one. Owned my first one in 1954, own two now, One is a 06 Duramax/Allison HD2500 crew cab and the other is a 08--1/2 ton, crew cab, 5.3 gasser with every option they have except moon roof.

I have had trouble with Ford's big time and Dodges are what I would buy if I couldn't buy GM.

Tom Strunk

11. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I'm driving the best vehicle I've ever owned, now at age 70. A 98 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl. auto that I bought off program in 2001 with 19,000 miles on it. It now has 202,000+ and has required little maint. It looks good (no rust), drives well and gets 25 mpg. I'm 6'3", 270 and fit comfortably on long trips.

Buz

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Mine runs fine...can pass everything including a few gas stations
    [​IMG]

13. LMac

LMac TS Member

WELL, I KNEW I WOULD GET PLENTY OF OPINIONS AND THAT IS WHAT I WANTED. THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLIED. WE HAVE A TOYOTA PLANT CLOSE HERE IN INDIANA SO MAY HAVE TO CHECK THEM OUT. I HAVE NEVER OWNED ANYTHING BUT FORD, CHEVY AND DODGE TRUCKS SO HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THE OTHERS. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO AND GOOD SHOOTING TO ALL OF YOU. LONNIE MAC

14. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I really haven't seen any of those five cylinder trucks show up on the jobsites. Usually when someone buys a new truck, it seems like they look at the Colorado, then look at the Silverado, and then buy the bigger truck. When I replaced my '93 K2500 Chevy with over 263,000 miles, I looked at the Colorado. I decided that the gas mileage, leg room, etc was a joke on the smaller truck, and went with the full size. I think that the old S-10 was a better truck than the newer offering from GM. Maybe some day GM will figure out what buyers want in a small vehicle.

15. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I know a few guys at work who drive them and are happy with no complaints. I prefer the full size truck since they do everything better and the fuel savings is minimal and resale is better on the full size. Bill Malcolm

16. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

Lonnie,

That truck plant in princeton indiana is amazing. You won't find a nicer truck than the Tacoma. Plenty of room an power. They have a 4.0 liter motor and they run forever. You'll never beat their resale value either.

If you want a quote on one, let me know. I can get you any info you want on them. c.kinsey@rohrman.com

Curt Kinsey

17. TOOLMAKER 251

Tacoma= JUNK go to www.consumeraffairs.com and look up Tacoma. This is a article about the Tacoma. " The Tacoma is putting a big dent in the American automakers truck sales, but its also putting a big ugly dent in Toyotas reputation for quality, reliability and service. The trucks are plagued with engine and transmission problems as well as an assortment of defects and quirks."

The complaints are too long to read nor is it worth while to consider buying such scrap.

18. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

Alrighty then. This crap is getting really old. Just for giggles I took Stoolmakers challenge & went to the Consumer Affairs link. I searched Tacoma, Sierra, Silverado, F150, F250, Dodge Ram etc. Guess what? There are thousands of complaints against ALL of them. So whats the freaking point?

19. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Come on Guys, Let's give the good Ole USA a chance!! How about we quit bitchen about 10 year old product problems and support the USA. If you think the profits from Honda, Hyundaia and Toyota get re-invested in the USA, you are sadly mistaken...they have bought off a few States but, many of their products are still imported and the majority of their profits go back to good ole' Japan or Korea and those countries have strong policies against American products in their markets and they don't give a good Rat's A-s about your well being or anyone else in America.

If we don't support USA companies, who have the majoritiy of their home offices and investments in the USA, we are all going to be screwed in the long-run. Who is going to create the wealth in the USA to pay off the debt that that Obama is adding to every day. If we don't make anything the rest of the world is willing to pay a premium for, there will be no jobs here...doctors, dentists, hygenisists, hair stylists, farmers and most other service industries...you are next!!! Almost every product or service can be had overseas cheaper!!

You can say what you want about Chrysler, Ford and GM products but they support about 1000+ times more Americans families than Toyota, Honda and Hyundia combined. AND they have made great strides in product quality and competitiveness in recent years that many people know nothing about.

Sorry about the ranting but, I have had enough!! To put this in perspective, I own two Krieghoff's and a number of Japanese Browning but that is It!!! I also have 11 Remington, Ruger,S&Ws and Winchester's that were made in the USA and they all shoot equally as well!. From now on, until this COUNTRY gets back on it's feet, I am going to support only companies that are home based here and make the poducts I need here in the USA.

Please, no flames, let's just support each other and let Japan, Germany, Italy and Korea fend for themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope some of you agree and the rest of you come around before it is too late.

Scott

20. TOOLMAKER 251

1290, It's not my fault you bought JUNK Read the message again the article was written by consumer affairs not me I just added the word JUNK. ( plagued with engine and transmission problems) There was a insurance crash test report last Fri. that said the big and powerful Titan pickup truck fared worse on side collision test's then many automobiles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.