1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheney Too?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rustygun, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustygun

rustygun Member

Former Vice President Dick Cheney, a staunch gun advocate, says tighter weapons regulations might be "appropriate" to prevent another tragedy like the Arizona mass shootings that left six people dead and a congresswoman seriously wounded.

Cheney, an avid hunter, said he is "willing to listen to ideas" on how to better control the purchase and use of firearms.

"Whether or not there's some measure there in terms of limiting the size of the magazine that you can buy to go with a semiautomatic weapon — we’ve had that in place before. Maybe it’s appropriate to re-establish that kind of thing, but I think you do have to be careful obviously," Cheney told NBC's Jamie Gangel, national correspondent for "TODAY."

"We’re looking for ways to make sure this never happens again, but you’ve still got to go back to the fact that it looks like the cause of this particular tragedy was this one individual who apparently has very serious mental problems," Cheney said in the interview, parts of which aired Wednesday.

The Arizona shooting spree on Jan. 8 in Tucson that claimed six lives and left 13 others wounded, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, has renewed the debate over gun control measures.

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

What will cure many of these things is make it mandatory everyone over 18 carries a weapon if mentally fit. These nutjobs need someone shooting back as soon as the first shot is fired.

3. 87AA

87AA TS Member

If Cheney is advocating possible tighter gun control, it's only because he's figured a way to make money on the deal.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

+1 87AA

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

+2 87AA, perhaps Chenney needs to check his own gun control having shot someone already while hunting.

Glass houses and stones don't mix.

John

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

You can tell when the LIBS talk---Still can't get over Bush-- Cheney yrs---
    Chicken bone in the throat---I love it--Not to worry---They are in the 2% on TSs----SJB---

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Seen him lately? He'd better be spending it as he makes it. Didn't even recognize him. He's almost as thin as Jughead.

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

this is for SJB, another dumb troll:

[​IMG]

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I knew you'd get mean sperited--Thats the way of the Libs---Do you want to compare hardware?---Your the one trolling---Have your fun---I had mine at the last elections---The End---SJB---

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cheney doesn't need a heart transplant. He needs a brain transplant.

12. porky

porky TS Member

I think all politicians are a bit afraid now. Once someone punches a hole in the dam--

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

BAD 303's comments are what scares me most about conceal carry laws. Having a shootout in a crowd of people would have been worse. I do not think this individual would have cared if he thought everyone in the crowd had a gun, as with any other one of the nut cases involved in many of these shootings. The key is to have the balls, or reaction, to get on this guy and knock him out, while he is focused on what his goal was. Someone had to be within feet of this individual when he started shooting. I know your first reaction is to run, but if you think to yourself in advance to this kind of thing, I think your reaction would be the same as if you had a gun to defend yourself.

14. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

"If Cheney is advocating possible tighter gun control, it's only because he's figured a way to make money on the deal."

Maybe he thinks it makes sense.

If it is Constitutional to limit magazines to 10 rounds it will be done.

Question is whether detachable magazines will be banned altogether, as in California.

Get yours while the getting is good.

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just goes to show how divided we are,,,,if it doesn't affect OUR guns,,,,then it is ok,,,,problem is there is an old saying, "Divide and Conquer"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.