1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheney backs Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jakearoo, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday he supports gays being able to marry but believes states, not the federal government, should make the decision.

"I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone," Cheney said in a speech at the National Press Club. "I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish, any kind of arrangement they wish."

So, do we agree with Dick?

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I say let gays get married. We shouldn't be passing laws in this country to limit Rights when the only arguement against that Right is based on tradition or religious grounds.

~Michael

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I believe in same sex marriages. Yep, they oughta be just as misearble as we are!!!!

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

They gave gays civil unions with all the rights of marriage. They have all the rights we have. Nobody is stopping any gays from living together and having anal intercourse to their hearts delight. What they want is to redefine the term marriage. They want to control what you think so they don't feel like the freak misfits they are. What they don't realize is they will still be seen as freak misfits by most people regardless of them changing the legal definition of the term marriage. Even with political correctness controlling what we say they can never control what we think. And it doesn't have anything to do with religion although every major religion on earth thinks it is wrong. Nature itself tells you it is abnormal. Sex is for reproduction. Homos can't reproduce.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Freedom means freedom for everyone.

If sex is for procreation then something must be really wrong because I only have a 1 in 10,000 'success' rate.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Homosexuality is certainly an abberation of human nature.

But then again, heterosexual monogamy is also an aberration of human nature. The human species is polygamous by nature. Religion forced monogamy upon us. We've just been practicing (nominally) monogamy for so long, we think its normal.

A certain percentage of humans have been homosexual for as long as humans have been roaming the earth. They'll continue to be among us for as long as there are humans roaming the earth, regardless of how harshly we try to suppress or repress it. To believe otherwise is foolish.

Heterosexuals can either accept that or not.

There used to be laws against people of different races marrying. Looking back on that now, "most" people would ask, "what were we thinking?"

If homosexuals want to have a piece of paper that says they're married, what harm is there? Yeah, I know the "slippery slope, where do you draw the line" argument. BS.

BTW, I have this theory about why many heterosexual men are homophobes. I think its because heterosexual men think homosexual men look at them the same way heterosexual men look at women.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's too little an issue. Let them have it and let us focus on important issues. Small stuff.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have a theory about men that are so willing to give homos the right to marry. I think they harbor a little homosexual lust themselves. To a normal man the thought is so repugnant they don't want to recognize the behavior by redifining marriage. I do think you are right about polygamy being our instinct. We also have a tribal instinct. That is where the laws against interracial marriage come from. At some time in our history there was some little rebellious girl telling her Cro-magnon father that she was in love with a Neanderthal. He didn't understand either. I think the institution of marriage was for the protection of our children. If not for reproduction I don't think marriage would be nearly as important as it is. With the breakdown of marriage in our society you can see the victims in our children. And just for the record, I do have it straight from homosexuals mouths that they do lust after other men, straight and homo.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Barry R. the problem with Liberal politics is that they are always giving the little things but never focusing on the big things. That is how we have managed to wind up in this mess we are currently in. Jake

10. Barry C. Roach

Focus your efforts on changing the politics of our country. We can't get distracted by this small stuff.

Small stuff can be changed when we're back in power. We hurt our cause when we attack those among us who are on your side. Be careful about using that "old saw" - "if you support them you must be one." It's an invalid argument.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It was left up to Adam and Eve to populate the world. Where would we be if it was up to Adam and Albert? Bulge

12. Barry C. Roach

jake. That's why we conservatives need to take back our control. Right now we need power.

13. Barry C. Roach

Recently, in the Arctic, scientists found frozen bodies of a man and a women. Upon examination all the scientist were in agreement that the two bodies were undisputedly Adam & Eve. How did they know?

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

No belly buttons.

15. Barry C. Roach

Correctamundo.

16. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

And I have a theory highflyer that most homophobes are closeted poofs, desperately trying to hide their deep dark seceret with a facade of super manliness.

I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't feel threatened by or scared of homosexuals, or the idea of them committing to each other for life.

~Michael

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

(Insert snarky liberal comment from Zarath(ustr)a here >>> ___)

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Wolfram, you weren't promoting it was ok with this statement were you?

"Freedom means freedom for everyone."

If the homosexual community wouldn't just use the "marraige" thing as ONLY a promotion of saying they are "normal", I wouldn't have much of a problem with their unions,,,,but marriage was defined by God and that is where it lies with the term.

There is really nothing to be gained by their "being married" anymore except for SS benefits,,,,which don't amount to a hill of beans anyway with the condition of the system.

19. Trab

Trab TS Member

No, we're not playing cards. Cut'n the cards should only be between a man and a women.
    Queers are not normal in ANY society.

20. Mapper

Mapper Member

How about a compromise? Let churches dictate whom they will marry and those who don't measure up, get civil marriages. Religous order is maintained and the other folks are married too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.