1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHEESE HEADS LOOSE IN O/T

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Giants whip the packers 23-20 in o/t after a Favre interception.

Jim

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

Thanks for that newsflash- I'm sure none of us watched the game bozo.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

what a game. both teams played there hearts out. i think the young quarter back had the edge.

4. Mikeegak

Mikeegak TS Member

Packer's defense (penalties) largely contributed to their loss//

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say 23-20 in OT, was a whipping!!

6. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

Next year Brett will be on the Bayou for the season opener

7. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

I think you just seen Farves last game...Too bad,he was great when he was young...Nuc

8. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

We saw a changing of the guard tonight. Brett was great for a lot of years.

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bret baby was someplace else tonight! Felt sorry for the Giants kicker. After such a tough night, he finally won it for them. Hope he can keep his job now!

10. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

GB did not deserve to win this game. However Brett will be back to leed this team to the big dance next year..........

GS

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

smartdonkey

This was the first I have heard of the score but then again I don't ever watch football at all so it makes no difference to me who wins.

Do any of them do the Jo Boxer dance when they score.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/Animations/people/?action=view&current=thLMFAOKMARTCOMMERCIAL.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Fog

12. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Bret will be back for another season. He's still in the game and the game is still in him!

CHEERS

13. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Richard, I was at the game. The game was exciting and yes quite cold. There was no whipping. At the end of regulation the score was 20-20 and the Giants won on a 47 yd field goal. If your honest in your analysis the Packers offense was very sluggish in the second half. The Giants D.line never sacked Favre! He had all the time he needed to throw, he simply had a poor second half and part of that was the weather.
    The TD's that Favre threw were all on the south end. On the north end you had to throw into a 10 to 15 mile an hr wind. Neither Eli or Brett did very well throwing in that direction. Personally, I think Tom Coughlin and his staff outcoached McCarthy and his staff! I'm pulling for the Giants to upset the Patriots but that is a tall order!

The those haters who want to see Brett gone..you can forget it! Brett, will be back one more year and then will retire. The Packers were 13-3 under Brett Favre. They have a young team with one direction and that is up! We in Wisc have learned to live with Brett on his good days and with his bad days. The good thing is most of the time it's good days! Thanks

Rick Brohmer

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

At least we all got to see a well fought battle..hope the big one is just as hard fought and close

15. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

There is no way Brett is going to retire with his last pass being a interception! JMHO, Bill

16. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

What I saw was a formidable defense put up by the Giants and a great offensive strategy as well.

The Packers could not effectively run the ball and therefore had to go to the passing game almost exclusively. That seldom works well for any team. The last pass was Brett trying to make something happen. It was a last resort and a bit of desperation but that is what champions do when the chips are down, they take chances.

The Giants were able to do almost anything they wanted on offense and still the Packer defense played them to a tie in regulation. Packer DB's could not stop Burris or Toomer and the running game was more than just mildly effective.

I have been a Packer fan since 1963 and will be all my life. What I saw Sunday was the better team, at least on that day, winning the game. It could have gone either way and even with my team losing, I think it's great when it all comes down to Sudden Death.

And, in spite of Vegas and the odds right now, I am picking the Giants to upset New England....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.