1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddites in a Spolar??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poacherjoe, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I have a buddy that complains about a problem dumping the cheddites onto the primer tray of his spolar,He states that the primer box is to big to fit directly on top of the primer tray and has difficulty loading the tray.Anyone have the solution for him?Please advise.PJ

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

REST THE PRIMER BOX WITH ONE SIDE IN THE TRAY AND THE OTHER UP ON THE EDGE-PULL THE INSIDE SLIDER OUT AND THEY WILL DROP IN WITH ONLY A COUPLE TIPPED OVER-RICK ZINO

3. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

Maybe he should have saved some of that money he blew on the Spolar to buy name brand primers in the smaller box. I'm a Cheddite fan myself and they work fine in my cheap MEC.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

The best solution is to use a good primer. After Cheddites destroyed a firing pin on a K-80 I swore off cheap imports and sold my supply at a discount to another shooter. We were both happy.

Saving $.15 a box is not worth it.

Don Verna

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Same problem with Cheddites in the extended PW primer tray.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I would tell you, but you would laugh.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I milled out the sides of the tray slightly now any brand of primer box will work just fine in it. Your buddy will have the same issues with RIO, and Nobel Sport boxes. For a temp work around slip the primer wrap about 1/2 primer to one side or the other than use a razor knife to trim about 1/8" of the primer wrap on the extended side and trim the exposed lip of the primer carrier on the other. They will then fit in the Spolar tray. Place with the wrap joint towards the front of the tray. Open the wrap joint and pull it from under the carrier by pulling the long piece towards the rear of the tray while holding down on the carrier lightly.

--- Chip King ---

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you have an old WW tray and sleeve around, it doesn't take too long to refill one with whatever's giving you problems. Good luck.

9. pulllit

pulllit Member

At the side fold cut open the Cheddite slide off cover. Trim the top side face along the double cardboard edge. Cut a flap so you can pull the double cardboard out from under the red tray. Save the flap/slider for the next 100.

Remove and discard the slide off cover. Place the primer tray upright and cover with the double cardboard side. Turn over tray and place in the Spolar primer feed. Pull out the modified cover. The red primer tray is a perfect fit inside the Spolar primer feed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

It takes all of 2 minutes for me to load 400 Cheddites or Rios or Nobels or Winnies....et al..... you do need to be coordinated.

11. powder-em

powder-em Member

Put your chedites upside down on a hardcover book a couple hundred at a time. Pick the red holder off and slide a winchester or rem holder straight dowm on them. Tip the book back over and slide them back into the original paper cover. I do a thousand at a time takes just a few minutes and then just use them as needed. I have never had any problems with the chedites. Good luck Dave

12. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Bertmuss,can you load 400 primers in your cheep MEC ?

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I'll get the popcorn......this is warming right up.

Rick in MT

14. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Every Spolar owner on this thread except Chip King, gets an A+!

Dicksie Spolar

15. chipking

chipking TS Member

I know Dicksie I'm a bad boy. I just hope it will last for another hundred plus thousand loads. Get well soon.

--- Chip King ---

16. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The people who don't own a Spolar are so jealous. They have to look for problems. I cut the side of the Cheddite box tray with a box cutter and take off the side. Flip over and slide the tray out. A couple of primers will flip upside down... real brain surgery to turn them over. Fred

17. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Chip King, It will last,it just will not be as pretty.
    Dicksie

18. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're up and about Dixsie...and able to smile with your friends. You were/are on many of our prayer lists, thank the lord for your recovery.

PS: we gave that darned Chip a 10 min. time out in the corner.....grin

best ...mike & barb

19. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

This might have been posted before, but here is how to fill the primer tray on a Spolar when you couldn't mount far enough from the wall in back to fully open the tray cover.

Cut the primer cover like this....

rickn_2008_170966.jpg

Hold the tray like this keeping the primers in their holder.

rickn_2008_170967.jpg

Hold down on the primer box and pull out the cover from the side.

rickn_2008_170969.jpg

I slide the first 100 primers still in their holder to the back of the primer tray and then do another 100, and then remove the holders from each 100.

You really only need to cut one primer cover....just use it over again.

20. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

bumped to the top just for sheer entertainment value of this thread; i HAVE to share with the world.

i swear this is the best laugh and most ridiculous thing I've ever read on TS.

Dicksie, hope you are well.....miss you a lot.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.