1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dustyrcox, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustyrcox

dustyrcox Member

I was running low on primers and come across these and I was wondering if you could tell me if I need to change my powder charge are not I load 18 gr of clays waa12 wad win primer 1200 ft per second. I have been trying to find reload data on this and have not had any luck!,

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

There on par with winchesters and I've been useing them for a few years now and have had no problems with them. Good luck with your reloading...Ray

3. Heeringa

Heeringa Active Member

I use them with 15.5 grains of International Clays, a Claybuster 7/8 ounce wad, and about 0.85 ounce of #8 shot in mostly Remington Gun Club hulls. They hit everything I'm aimed at from 16 yards. I'm not sure what the FPS is on the load, but it shouldn't be too much different from a factory load.

Heeringa

4. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

They are $23 compared to 30+ where I shoot. I like them and not cuz im cheap.

5. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

i have used 10k+ Cheddites with very problems. they are interchangeable with Win 209 load data. they will slightly stretch the primer pockets so once you use them you'll have to keep using them in your hulls.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

You will find that Cheddites are the best bang for your buck. The Cheddites are a little bit bigger in diameter and longer than Remingtons. So if you reload the sts hulls make sure your primer pressure is turned up a little bit.

I have reloaded over 20K primer with NO misfires!

When I spoke with Ben at Alliant he said to use the R209P as a substitute. But in all reality there is a marginal difference between any two primers. Look at the reloading data with same components and different primers you will find the powder variances are minimal.

Bryan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.