1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite primers?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Does anybody have any reloading data for sheddite primers. Also does anybody know anything about promo powder?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Loading data is available for Cheddite Primers at most of the powder manufacturers sites. Alliant and Hodgdon list Cheddites in a variety of loads. They are a moderate intensity primer. The data seems to vary enough that I would stick with published loads and not worry too much.

As for Promo, it's a great powder. It's similar to Red Dot, but a little denser. You MUST weigh the powder drops with a good scale. I use lot's of it and have used it for years. There is a lot of data available at the Alliant site. When in doubt, you can use Red Dot data, provided you are not at the highest end of the pressure limits. I paid just under $140 a case last time I bought it (2X8lb.). It will vary from lot to lot, so I buy a few cases at a time and make sure I have a supply with the same lot number for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.