1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite primers in a spolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Juantoomany, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

I am have issues with cheddite primers in the primer track. Anyone else have this problem?..Close to the bend they jam..causes me to use some of my favorite cuss words...

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

No problems here.....Call Dicksie she'll get ya straightened out....

D.P.Reynolds

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Empty the machine. Check the primer track for that loose BB real hard and you'll likely find it!!

4. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

I've ran several K thru my Spolar, and never a problem 1, like Oleolliedawg says, check the track,
    Chuck

5. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

Checked all the stuff.. called Spolar wanted me to send the track.. tray and feeding unit.they told me the primer tracks are all custom fit to the machine...sorry but have a real problem with that concept thanks for the information..this never happened with Remmingtons or winchesters primers...I think the issue is the cheddites

6. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Clean out the track w a q tip, i use a very small amount of furniture polish on it

Chuck

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Buy a Mec or Dillon---Problem solved----OUCH---SJB

8. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

thanks...my backup is a PW. Just looking to see if anyone has had the same experience with cheddites...thanks folks

9. 548

548 Guest

Sounds like you didn't properly ground your Spolar. ;-)

10. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Over a dozen guys at our club load on Spolars, with no primer feeding problems attributed to specific brands of primers, including Cheddites. A jammed primer in the bend of the primer track is usually due to small piece of shot wedged in the track. I finally found a well-hidden #8 shot that was intermittently hanging up primers after I emptied the track and shined a bright LED flashlight from the underside of the track on my Spolar, just like Oleolliedawg suggested. The tipped primer problem in the primer cup has been solved with the new primer cup that is available from Spolar. I've gone over 2,000 reloads without a tipped primer. The problem with hanging primers that catch at the very top of the track is usually solved by readjusting the angle of the primer track at the point where it is clamped into the primer tray. Bob

11. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

The fix is in!!! It's the favorite cuss words!!! LOL

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I normally spill a few bb's when I'm filling. Learned right away to fill shot only with a full primer track.

13. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I have used every primer known to mankind in my Spolar and had to adjust the tract one time...........I've got Cheddites in mine now and just loaded two cases no problems.

14. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Gonna pipe in here - during the great primer shortage a few years ago, I tried a bunch of different primers, and all had jamming issues in one way or another. Finally got some Win 209's, and will not deviate from them again. I rarely (like every 3-4 thou) have a problem with Wins. Others either jammed in the track or the feeder.

Stick with what works - there isn't enough money saved to pay for the jam clearing.

15. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I find it interesting that I have used Winnie, Remington, Cheddite, Wolfs, Nobles, Federals and at worst had to adjust the track minimally!! WTH? The only ones I haven't used is Fiochis.. I hate to think I was limited to one brand of primers!

16. dls guide

dls guide Member

I have been using chedites on my Spolar for a while with no problems. I bet it isn't the primer's fault. I do like the primer set up on PW better though.

17. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

thanks to everyone...I pulled the primer track off...filed and polished down some small burrs...and polished the track with very fine steel wool..install the track..everything is working like a champ...thanks for of the check points and advice!..

Thanks Again!

Dave E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.