1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite primer recipes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

The only 1 1/8 oz. load recipes I can find using Cheddite primers are for use in Cheddite hulls. Does anyone know where to look for recipes using Red Dot powder in Remington hulls?

Don

2. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Don:

Had the same question myself a couple of years ago. I don't like to substitute any components without proper DD so called Alliant for validation. I spoke to Alliant's technical expert, believe his name is Ben, and he assured me that the new 209 size Cheddite primers generate nearly the same chemical/burning dynamics as the Winchester 209 primer....he assured me they may be safely substituted. So, find the Remington case recipes which utilize the Winchester primer and, if you drop the specified grains of RD powder, you'll be loading a shell which generates right at or very near the noted fps and pressure.

Cliff, the Old Fowler

3. Franktri

Franktri Member

I've been substituting Cheddite 209s for Winchester 209s for some time now and I was told there is virtually no difference between the two, except the cost. Some people claim the Cheddite does damage to the firing pins but I haven't experienced any of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

700x with cheddite primer recipes

cheddite primer recipes

cheddite primers recipes

cheddite receipt

cheddite recipes

recipes for red dot powder & cheddite 209 primers

winchester primer recipes