1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite primer problems MX 8 perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sharhope, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharhope

sharhope Member

I have plenty of failure to fire with these primers Have cleaned firing pin holes new pins spring etc problem on the top single Anyone have similar problem? Any other tips-the primers are correctly seatedetc.

2. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I havent had a bit of problems shooting them in my mossburg and stoger.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What do the failed primers look like?

Is this a combo gun and the O/U barrel works okay? If so, top single must have a headspace problem. I'd guess barrel lug or hinge pin wear. How does it open, compared to the O/U barrel? Just a guess.

Better luck to ya.

Bob Falfa

4. dhip

dhip Active Member

Both Sporting clay edition and BT fire them,never had piercing or failure to fire yet.

I agree with above,what do they look like after failur to fire.Could help identify problem.

Doug H.

5. oz

oz Active Member

beretta 682E, 687EELL, benelli (4 different ones) 10's of thousands all fired. I only use cheddites now.

6. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

shoot them in model 12, 3200 rem, and perazzi tmx never a problem. about has to be a bad batch, firing pin or seating issue.

7. shootsome

shootsome Member

Had problems with Ceddite's with my Zoli. New springs and firing pins fixed it. I think these fail-to-fires are usually a sign it's time for some maintenance.

8. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I am on my 3rd sleve this year with no problems and I have used them for the past several years with no issues.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<I><blockquote>"I have plenty of failure to fire with these primers"</blockquote></I>You can't get'em to go off and I punch holes in them with my XTs one after another.

What I saved buying cheap primers I more than spent replacing firing pins. Cheaper in the long run to buy better quality stuff!

Keller

10. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I shot 15 rounds at the CRPC today using Cheddite reloads in my MX 2000RS without a failure. Hope you find the problem but I don't think it is the primers...

Doc

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I shoot them in my TMX and MX-14L combo and have never had any problems. Just about 25 thousand used so far.

Steve

12. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I have an MX-8 and have loaded somewhat over 50,000 Winchester primers with no failures to fire!! I know the Winchester primers cost more than Cheddites but as the saying goes, "if it's not broke don't fix it".!!

Allen

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

This tale of woe comes up every 6 months or so. Invariably it leads to the conclusion that it's predominantly P-guns and K-guns that have the most trouble with Cheddites. Lower cost guns seem to work just fine.

I'm coming up on 10K rounds fired with Cheddite primers in my 11-87 and two old 101 singles with nary a dud.

I'm so glad they work in my cheapie guns, so I don't have to spend a fortune on the big buck firearms!

14. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've loaded over 100,000 of them in countless hulls, shot in approx. 10-12 different guns and never had a Cheddite failure. Citori plus, 3 BT-99 plus', Auto-5, 870 W/M, 870 Exp, an old 410, a model 12 and several friends guns.

15. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

No Chedite failure to fire problems in my MX8 combo. ed nichols

16. revbook

revbook Member

Remington 1100 and BT 100 with thousands of Cheddites loaded and only had one FTF, no pierced primers.

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have been shooting Cheddites for many, many years. At one time, about 3-4 years ago, I noticed sometimes the primer would be pierced by my Perazzi, and with my 870TC. It did not happen a lot, perhaps 2-3 times per hundred. Never a failure to fire mind you, just pierced primer. After they ran out, I switched to Fiocchi primers. Bought 15,000 of them. Had more failure to fires in the firs sleeve than I have ever had in 35 years shooting. Traded off the remainder of the Fiocchi's for Winchesters with a friend that loved Fiocchi's. Shot up all the Winchesters and bought more Cheddites at the Grand Pacific year before last. Loaded them all up, (10,000), and not one pierced primer. When those ran out, I found I had about 1000 of the old Cheddites I used to use and figured I would shoot them up. Started piercing primers almost right away. Same as before, about 2-3 per hundred. What all this tells me is that at some point Cheddite had a batch of primers with soft metal in the anvils. None of the newer Cheddites have exhibited any problems with piercing at all... All things considered, I'll continue to shoot the Cheddites... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

This is a common problem with some guns and Cheddite primers. I first noticed this about 10 years ago in my SC1 Perazzi using RST Ammo which was a Cheddite hull and Primer. I also had the problem with the primers them selves in other hulls. Personally I won't use them because of this problem plus they are French. I have used the Noble Sport for years without problems. Just switch primers.

T

19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've used several sleeves of Cheddites in my P MX-3S, Browning O/U, model 12 and Beretta 303. I've only had one primer fail to go off in the thousands shot, that was due to a broken firing pin spring in the 303.

I think you have gun issues instead of a primer problem?

Hap

20. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Gee! Where are the Noble Sport hulls and primers manufactured?

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 14 problems