1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cheddite primer oddball

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhip, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

OK,Was wondering if any of you reloading gurus can identify a cheddite primer which was in a sleeve and is an oddball compared to the rest.The cheddite primers I bought are copper colored and have what appears to be a red (wax seal?) on top. The oddball is gold in color and has a black(wax seal?) on top.And to my poor eyesight,I'd swear it might be a tad larger,guess I'll have to get an instrument(caliper?) to check.Just was wondering if it's safe to use or should I pitch itor save it for postarity sake..I know,being anal again,but,Hey,I'm new to this and always error on the safe side.

Doug H.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Cheddite makes (at least) three strengths of primers, but unless you can find some old stock of CX-1000 somewhere, all that are available now are the CX-2000 ... the red dot ones.

The black dot one you have is a 1000. Shoot it or not, it's not dangerous, but is just a fraction cooler than the 2000.

Bob

3. Landshark

Landshark Member

I like Cheddite primers but I hate the fact that the sleeve is a little too wide to slide on the primer tray of my MEC 9000. They're a beotch to get on the primer tray compared to Win or STS.

4. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

The old ones were black and they received many complaints about not being able to see whether the primer had dropped or not, so they changed the colour to red so you could see it easier. It will work just fine.

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

land shark,

I have a mec 9000g with the new larger primer tray,I have no probems with them

Doug H.

6. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Landshark,

Take scissors and cut off one of the narrow sides of a sleeve. You now will have a "3-sided" sleeve that will fit your tray, and if used carefully, can be used to insert every flat of primers onto the tray.

7. Landshark

Landshark Member

Longshooter

Thanks for the tip. It works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.