1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite, fiocchi, noble sport primers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lilboss1970, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

Can buy these at pretty good prices. Which ones are slightly larger and you can't go back and use winchester remington etc in those cases? If anyone has experience with these and what you liked I would appreciate it. TIA.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Nobel Sports are larger. Am not sure about the others as they once were larger but things may have changed. Have loaded 100k of Nobel Sports without problems.

Tom

3. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

All of them.
    Don

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I've measured the Cheddites and they are exactly the same size in all dimensions as Win 209 and Federal 209A.

I've not checked Fiocchi or Nobles, but have been told by several people that they are a tad larger because they are of metric dimensions.

Kiv

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Fiocci makes both sizes. I know ....because I once bought a 'sleeve' of them (5000) and there were some of the larger size mixed in that batch. Didn't realize it until reloaded the shells a second time, and some of the primers fell out!

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

These two charts are from the online version of the 4th issue of Trapshooting USA, page 50. The article they came from outlined the dimensional differences of common primers. The measurements listed are an average of the measurements of several primers from different lots: <center>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </center>

MK

7. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I've switched to Cheddites with good results. I shoot Promo/Red Dot and as per Alliant, I can use Rem 209 data to work up my loads. No issues going back to WW or Rem primers, but why? Cheddites work great, are quite consistent.
    WNCRob

8. maka

maka Member

The variance in size is one issue. Its the brilliance or strenght that is more important. Suggest 2 things, 1.use manual to find correct load info. 2. use a scale to insure it.

9. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I've loaded thousands of Fiocchi's without a hitch.You couldn't give me any Cheddites cuz their made by the french.My way of thanking them for the time they wouldn't let us use their air space during Desert Storm and for those frenchies that chose to spit at Lance Armstrong while he kicked butt during Tour DeFrance.

10. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

I like the Cheddites and can see no difference in how they reload or their performance compared to Winchesters, Federals or Remingtons. I'll likely stay with Cheddites as long as I pay less for them.

11. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Given the opposition to purchasing french-made primers, it would be interesting to know where other brands - like CCI, Winchester, Federal, etc. - are maufactured.

Given their overly high price, I would suspect they are U.S. made, though...

Kiv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.