1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheddite 209 Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

do cheddites break/damage firing pins?

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

My Browning XTs punch holes in them with the resulting burning and pitting and replacing of the firing pins. I spend more replacing firing pins than I save buying Cheddites instead of real primers.

Keller

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Old unknown must have a turbo charged machine as I have shot many sleeves through Seitzs and Ljutics but of course they are faulty. Certainly never exploded any firing pins! Probably the best buy on the market now with Brenner and they do not oversize your good hulls like many of the others! I use WW data and they are great primers! Too bad the Frogs make em! Tom Rhoads

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I get a few pierced primers in my K gun. HMB

5. pakk

pakk Member

Of my several shotguns, only the bottom barrel of my cynergy pierces.

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

Use them in both my brownings,no problems.

Doug H.

7. razor

razor TS Member

i have reloaded 237,000 cheddites without any problems, wife shoots a xt and i shoot a 682E. both guns have had firing pins and springs replaced once but not due to primers.

8. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

I've shot at least 15,000 of them with absolutely no misfires. They seem to be very consistent and I have loaded Remington or Winchester primers after using cheddites and had no problems. If they are being pierced by firing pins then I've never seen it happen. If you decide you don't want them then I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands.

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Have always heard they are harder and some people get a pierced primer once in a great while. As for me I have shot over 50,000 of them and never had one. Guess it depends on your gun!

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I have been using them for about 5 years at least, which means I have shot over 75,000 and have had 2-3 failures, which is still less than I have had using Winchesters 10 years before that.

They work well in all my guns.

The only problem I have had on rare occasion is the less than flush setting in Remington once fired hulls, but the 3 additional loadings per hull go okay.

I load them per Winchester recipes.

11. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I've fired many thousands of them in a half dozen different guns over the years. Not only have I *never* had a dud, I've also *never* had a pierced primer.

Luckily, I've never been flush enough to own one of those expensive gun brands that seem to be the only ones with the piercing issue.

Kiv

12. pakk

pakk Member

I should also add that I had to adjust my priming station to get them to sit flush compared to my Winchester primers. I also get maybe 2-3 per 1000 that get jammed in my mec9000 primer feed. For some reason they are able to get wedged just right in the primer tray before the tube and I have to take the tray apart to get it out.

I also load w209s for my one browning that pierces them. I've never had a fit issue in hulls going between the primers. This gun consistently pierces 1 in 25. I probably pierced 100 or so and the firing pin is ok. I probably have close to 30,000 rounds through the gun. 25k of them are through the top though.

Also never had a misfire.

13. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Has anyone tried any of the American target primers? They are cheddites too but I've noticed that they seem just a smidge lighter, or it could be my imagination.

14. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

I to apparently have a supercharged browning. Cup is to hard for the lite striking bottom hammer set up on citoris xt etc. would not use in browning don"t know about others.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have used Cheddites for years and have never had a ftf with them and never had a puncture in any of the guns I've used. I found a deal on 20,000 CCI primers and wished they were Cheddites. May have to change loads on all four gauges due to different pressures. The last Cheddites I bought were $108.00 for five thousand but I found the CCI at a yard sale and got them for $225.00. I was willing to try them at that price. Jackie B.

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Couldn't find anything wrong with them. Seemed like it made the load a little hotter than a Win209, but that could be my imagination. I'd buy 'em again. Good luck.

17. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

Ive used cheddites for years, I shoot a TMX have never had any trouble with with the exception of three misfires out of about 45000 reloads and thats a conservative estimate of reloads.

18. JohnP

JohnP Member

I bought a sleeve of them several years ago because of the cheap price. I loaded 200 shells with them and gave the other 4800 away and will never try them again. I tried them using two different presses with both STS and AA hulls and they didn't seat worth a darn in either type of hull with either press.. Never had any problem with Remington, Winchester or Federal primers with either press or any hulls. So I wouldn't try them if they were $10 a sleeve. I know some say they have had good luck with them. I am glad for them but I won't try them again.

19. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing that most of us love them and have no problems and others can't even seat them in a Win or STS hull?! Jesus, you guys are scaring the be-Jesus out of me! Tom Rhoads

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'm in Tom Rhoads camp here!! I've had one hard Cheddite fail to fire in several years of loading with them!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cheddite 209 primers for sale

complitiv k guns 209 primers for sale