1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

checkering tools

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by b12, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Anybody out their have any used but in good condition checkering tools. I would prefer carbide if possible. It seems the stuff that is out their today is made to a lower standard.

2. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Brownells carries a good line of carbide checkering tools. It is what my wife uses here. There are also other web sites that carry good carbide hand tools for checkering.

Dennis

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hand checkering tools are cheap. I sold my MMC tool a couple of years ago but still have a large collection of hand tools. I would suggest getting new ones. I preferred the replaceable cutting heads. They are handy for more than just checkering.

Pat Ireland

4. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

Using good, new checkering tools is a small price to pay for a first-rate job. Buying used checkering tools is like buying a used saw blade at a garage sale, after you've used them, you'll hate yourself in the morning! At the $3.00 aprox. that Brownell's charges for cutters it will make your job much easier as the new cutter will 'take ahold' and not skitter off ruining your finish.
    Dick C.

5. Robe763

Robe763 TS Member

go to J&R Engineering website they are the maker of the carbide tools that Brownell sells. you can buy them directly from J&R Engineering. The carbide tools are not cheap but they last a lot longer than the gunline or Dembart cutters. They also make the Doiron power checkering system. Not sure how to do the link but you can copy and past this and it should take you to the site.

www.gis.net/~doiron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
carbide checkering cutter
carbide checkering tools
doiron carbide checkering tools
doiron checkering tool
doiron checkering tools
gis doiron

j&r engineering checkering tools

used checkering tools