1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Check you eyes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

T knew my eyes were getting bad but, I had no idea how bad. I could still shoot but, the targets have been a little fuzzy. I saw the eye Doc and it turns out, I have cataracts in both eyes, and astigmatisms in both eyes. It seems the eyes tried to compensate for the cataracts. Plus a mild case of dry eye. To top it off my eyelids are drooping and not allowing full vision. Well, needless to say in October everything will be corrected. The Doc told me the average age for cataract surgery was 69, I'm 66. I never wore glasses until I was 50 years old. Get them checked, things can happen quickly.

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I've heard that cataract surgery is like turnin the lights on. good luck. Bill

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Bill, we're like moths after surgery. I was 56...

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You'll love the results, had mine both done this summer it's fantastic. 20/20 both eyes corrected. the surgery is a piece of cake takes about 25 minutes for the surgery part of the process. I was 20/20 the next day! I'm 61 my wife had to haver hers done at 56.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As per all above you're going to love it, I had my right eye done @ age 66 what a difference, needed glasses since 16 YO no glasses now for most things. Dr. told me I would NOT have 20x20 after lens replacement but much improved he was right I'm about 20x30 so still wear corrective lenses for distance, (driving-shooting-etc.) You may not be able to shoot for a couple weeks but it will be worth the wait. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.