1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Check that barrel!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Almost had a rude awakening today. Had a dud and didn't look through the barrel to make sure it was clear. THANKFULLY, an off duty range officer caught me before I could fire another shot. Now, I shoot a lot and KNOW better. But, in this case I was stupid. So I'm posting this message tonight to all of you that might get a little forgetful. In fact, from now on I'm going to look into my barrel after EVERY shot. Jim Price

2. Quack_kills

Quack_kills TS Member

When shooting an O/U, I have made it a habit to ALWAYS check my barrel.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

We had a guy who had a squid load and he knew he had the wad still in the barrel but was as he put it just shoot it out. We had to yell at the fool to clear his barrel. He did but wasn't happy to do so.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

After "every" shot is fired through mine I make sure I see day lite through the pipe, just for this very reason.
    It is a habit I got into and I am glad I did. I have seen way to many close calls.

5. kansasshooter

kansasshooter Member

We had a kid who hadn't shot very much before out at the trap club. He was on the line with somebody watchin over his shoulder to make sure he was safe, etc. He accidently stuck the barrel end in the mud and clogged it up good. Thankfully he had sense enough to say something and we got the barrel cleaned up before anything could happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.