1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest way to add 1/2 LOP to AL 391?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rhymeswithorange, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Looking to add 1/2 inch to LOP on my Berretta AL 391, whats the best way to do it myself? Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Put a 1/2" spacer between the stock and recoil pad.

3. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

The dirt cheap route is to add washers between pad and stock. Use screws that are 1/2in longer. This is cheap but temporary. A spacer should be fitted to fill the gap 20-40bucks from a local smith. Best/most attractive/most durable way is to fit a 1/2in thicker pad to the stock and pay a pro to do it. 80-100 range. Todd

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I found some clear arcylic(sp?) round stock cut to length and drilled a hole through it. Then used longer mounting screws. It looked cool, but after a while it damaged the recoil pad. started coming loose ect ect. I then found a recoil pad that was thick enough to make up the length I needed. I now have 3 pads for this gun summer, fall and winter.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Eat more. You'll fill out and you won't have to alter your gun.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You can also use a slip on pad

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If you use a spacer of any kind you will also need a new recoil pad in order to keep the fit perfect. Of course, if you can live with less than a perfect fit, keep the old pad and grind the spacer to mate up with the end of the butt stock and the old pad. The bottom line of the stock will not be perfectly straight from pistol grip to pad but you will probably be the only one who will notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.