1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest Medicare Supplement Plan A

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I'm getting besieged with Medicare Supplement Insurance Advertisements each day in the mail. So far the cheapest Non-tobacco rate that I have found for Plan A is $90/mo through the VFW/Transamerica. What Supplement Plan does everyone have and how much is the monthly rate? I think I only need a Plan A.

blade819

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

I am looking at a supplement as well. My carrier United says that I have to JOIN AARP to get the best rate. Don't want to have anything to do with those Obama Suckers but may have to. Asked for an alternative. They say there is none.

Tom

3. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

All I have is plan A and the VA, hope I die quick.

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I'll have Medicare and also the VA. However, while the VA takes good care of me, if hospilitzation is needed the last thing I want to do is be mandated to check into a VA Hospital. The one in Decatur GA is not to my liking. That's why I want to pay monthly for a Supplement Plan A.

blade819

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Blade, be careful about going to cheap. I have Humana Plan F and
    there is no paperwork. I also got blood cancer at 65 and it's paid for
    everything. Original cost was $127.00.
    All these plans costs are controlled by the feds, so they are within a few
    dollars of each other.
    Depends how much paperwork you want to do!!!
    Talk to someone who know's what they are doing.

Mike C.

6. TC

TC TS Member

See if you can find a phone number for your state SHIP, "Senior Health Insurance Program" office. They are usually pretty helpfull in sorting out what is available in your state. Every state is a little different. Tony

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

I have Trans America through the NRA. Never had a problem in four years and they get lots of bills because of my kidney disease. I get most of my medicine through the VA. Know what you take and check the prescribtion formulary of whatever supplement you are looking at.Jimmy Borum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.