1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap Reloading Supplies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by atashooter, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atashooter

atashooter Member

Try Graf's. Don't know about cheap, you decide.

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

What state do you live in? Powder is usually cheeper if you do not have to pay the shipping and hazmat fee. I usually find someone local that gets powder from a powder supplier truck. If you have to have it shipped try Recobs. Glenn

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

"I would like mostly Winchester powder" does not equate with cheap. If you truly want to reduce your costs try Rex powder for 2/3 the price of Winchester.
    Rex I = Red Dot, Rex II = Green Dot, Rex III = Unique.
    ]
    Buz

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rex is dirty but darn good. Used it for several years and still do. I like Rex II because it's like Green Dot.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

conniescomponents not a huge selection but some of the best prices so far.

6. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

im using red dot powder,remington fig 8 wads,winchester 209 primers,into a remington sts or nitro hull,i make & sell my own shot with a jim stewart better shot maker,my cost per round is $$$0$$$ if you want to shoot for free(not includeing targets) and are willing to do some work & scrounge for lead it is possible.the equipment will pay for its self($600. invested)mark

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I am in Omaha NE. USA. Will be traveling to Doniphan for the state shoot next week. Will you be at Doniphan? Which size of which Winchester powder and I can get you a price. In Nebraska, shipping by me is no haz mat fee. Omaha

8. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Powder Valley in Kansas. You have to buy 6 - 8 LB kegs at a time to make it worth the S&H and HZMT.That is for me in California the best price. You have RECOBS, CONNIES COMPONENTS,and the others listed .Come up with an order and call each distributer and ask them for a price quote that includes S&H and HZMT.PJ

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

It's all relative..but cheap reloading supplies is a classic example of an oxymoron like military intelligence!!!

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as cheap reloading supplies anymore but I'm with ATAShooter - the best deal I've found is at Grafs. They don't charge freight on most items. I just ordered 5000 Downrange wads at $88.90 plus a $3.95 "handling and insurance" fee. No tax because I'm out of state, so it worked out to $9.28/500. The wads weighed around 30+ pounds so that is a bargain, shipping wise. Their Claybuster wads are around the same price depending on model. I placed another order for powder and primers today and even with the hazmat fee it was much less than it would have been locally.

I thought I was gonna be cute and order some factory ammo and reload the hulls but they do charge regular freight on ammo.

Jennifer (Idaho)

11. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Hey MX8; Call Cabelas and ask them why it's price on powder etc. is so HIGH!! I would think that has BIG as they are that they would have GOOD prices on components!Get on your computer and check each supplier and write down the price of each item then figure out the S&H and HZMT.You have RECOBS,GRAFS,MIDSOUTH,POWDER VALLEY,CONNIES COMPONENTS.I live in CA. and the best for me is Powder valley.When buying powder they will send 6-8 LB kegs for one HZMT and one S&H charge.Each supplier does something different..It's hard to go wrong when buying in BULK.The 2 ton's of shot +primers etc that I purchased when the price was down have proven to be a good investment. Good luck. PJ

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

PJ...where did you buy your bulk lead. Was it a true bulk load as in a 30g drum or by bag. Ive been trying to contact Mayco industries. They produce lead shot Lawrence brand and west coast. But have not heard from them. We have been throwing the idea of a big order say 10,000lbs. Just need the ins and outs of delivery? no response yet. They had given me a number of a distributor in new york last fall. they also never returned any phone calls. now lead is just hard to find and no bulk deals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cheapest reloading supplies forum

hornady recobs shooting supplies reloading wads